Philadelphia School Partnership
Philadelphia School Partnership – GreatPhillySchools Intern (Paid)
The Philadelphia School Partnership (PSP) works to give every child in America’s fifth largest city the opportunity to attend a great school. We invest philanthropic funds in high-impact schools so they can serve more low-income students—whether they be in the traditional public, public charter or private sectors. Our aim is to catalyze the creation or transformation of enough schools to ensure better options for 50,000 students, or nearly one in four of all Philadelphia schoolchildren. Nonpartisan and data-driven, we work with government officials, business leaders, education leaders and practitioners, and community groups to pursue the promise of a great school for every child.
The Philadelphia School Partnership (PSP) believes that helping to empower parents to find, choose, and advocate for higher quality schools of all types (district, charter, and private) is a critical part of our strategy to ensure every child in Philadelphia is enrolled in a great school. We are working to better equip families with information to find and choose great schools for their children. As part of this work, we have created “GreatPhillySchools,” (GPS) a print and web-based resource giving parents access to data on academics, safety, and more.
The Intern will support the GreatPhillySchools team in efforts to ensure the quality of the resource and build awareness in communities. The Intern will engage in outreach efforts to schools, early childcare providers, community organizations and partners. S/he will report to the GreatPhillySchools Project Manager and work closely with the entire team including the Director, Outreach Manager, and Coordinator.
The internship is a part time, (15-20 hours/week) paid, temporary position for spring 2018, with an opportunity to continue on through summer 2018. The Intern is a part time, (15-20 hours/week) paid, temporary position.
PSP is an equal-opportunity employer with good benefits and an entrepreneurial, results-oriented work culture.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support major event planning
- Outreach to schools and early childhood providers to ensure accuracy of the information on the GreatPhillySchools website and in the GreatPhillySchools print-guides
- Collect and report data on website traffic and user engagement (using Google Analytics and other tools)
- Manage and respond to messages in the GreatPhillySchools’ infobox
- Contribute to GreatPhillySchools social media, including Facebook and Twitter
- Oversee GreatPhillySchools text messaging campaigns and respond to text messages received
- Support mass-email communication using MailChimp
- Research and create relevant content articles for the GPS website
- Assist with outreach activities, including but not limited to the scheduling of workshops, book distribution and the maintenance of contact information in text message and email databases
- Data entry and other administrative tasks
- Other duties as assigned
- Commitment to the mission of the Philadelphia School Partnership and GreatPhillySchools
- Desire to work in a goals-driven organization
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to represent GPS to various audiences
- Ability to manage time effectively, juggling multiple tasks simultaneously
- Extremely high attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and desire to work as part of a team
- Ability to work independently, solve problems and be flexible
- Proficient in Microsoft office, especially Excel experience with data entry, compilation, and cleaning a plus
- Proficient in social media, with experience using Google Analytics a plus
- Ability to work two mornings a week
Education and Experience
- Working towards Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, preferably in an education (or relevant) program
- Fluency in Spanish (written and verbal), strongly preferred
- Experience in education a plus, but not required
Physical Requirements – Ability to physically perform the duties and to work in the environmental conditions required:
- Functioning in office space — reaching file cabinets, filing, faxing, scanning, coping, typing, mailing, making phone calls
- Must be able to sit for up to two hours looking at a computer monitor, using a keyboard/mouse and typing
Application Instructions: Email resume and cover letter to Molly Farley, Human Resources Consultant, at MFConsultantsLLC@gmail.com.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.