Philadelphia Parks & Recreation Presents: Women’s History Month
Posted by Philadelphia Parks and Recreation on March 9, 2021
Many Parks & Rec sites are named in honor of women who helped shape their communities. From historical figures to hard-working volunteers, these women made a difference.
Through their vision, hard work, courage, and determination, these upstanding citizens:
- Broke barriers of gender and color.
- Volunteered countless hours and resources to benefit others.
- Fought for better conditions in their communities.
- Donated time—or land—to create recreational opportunities for others
Discover the accomplishments of these notable women using a new interactive, map-based tool that provides details about the people and places behind Philadelphia Parks & Recreation.
More in "New Resources"
- New CDC Initiative: Racism and Health
- Grant for people coming out of prison
- Stand Up, Speak Up, Let’s Keep Each Other Safe: Stop Asian Hate
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.