Philadelphia College Prep Roundtable Meeting
Posted by on November 17, 2008
What: Philadelphia College Prep Roundtable Meeting.
When: November 20, 2008
Where: Education Center
(School District of Philadelphia)
440 N. Broad Street
9:00A Continental Breakfast and Networking
9:30A School District of Philadelphia’s Strategic Planning – Nithin Iyengar, Office of the Superintendent, will be briefly presenting on the strategic planning process that the District is starting within the next few weeks to create a plan for excellence, equity, and accountability in the District. After presenting, he will be facilitating a focus group around defining the problem that District is facing around college readiness.
10:45A School District of Philadelphia’s Office of Family, Community and Faith-Based Initiatives – James Scott, director of Family, Community and Faith-Based Initiatives will speak to us on current initiatives within his office and how the college access and student support programs can work together.
12P Mayor’s Office on Education — Lori Shorr, Chief Academic Officer for the Mayor will present updates on the initiatives in the MOE, including information on the new “College Ready Philadelphia” initiative.
* As always there will be time for programmatic updates and announcements of goings on around the area. We ask that if you bring materials, bring enough for 40 people.
* Please RSVP your attendance on the link at http://www.collegepreproundtable.org. Feel free to circulate this announcement to colleagues and friends.
The Philadelphia College Prep Roundtable Advisory Committee
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- Careers in Government Workshop – Mar 4
- Stereotype Threat and Identity Threat: The Science of a Diverse Community – Mar 2
- Empower Hour: Acceptance at Last: Navigating Through Expectations and Realities as a Model Minority – Mar 4
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.