Philadelphia-Based Research Associate, Part-time
Grace Federal Solutions, LLC, a Woman Owned, Small Business headquartered in Raleigh NC, is a professional solutions organization with a focus on delivering projects and programs beyond the standard. Our team of experts provides federal agencies, healthcare organizations, universities and commercial entities throughout the Continental United States (CONUS) and OCONUS with Project Management, Quality & Compliance, Operations & Administrative, Clinical Research and Healthcare solutions. Grace helps you achieve your mission through superior program management and quality performance.
Grace is partnering with Duke University’s Center for Child and Family Policy to find Research Associates in Philadelphia for the project detailed below:
PHILADELPHIA-BASED RESEARCH ASSOCIATE (Part-time)
Center for Child and Family Policy
Sanford School of Public Policy
Project overview: The Philadelphia Work-Family Project is a research project conducted by faculty at Duke University, aimed at understanding how working parents in Philadelphia balance work and family demands on a daily basis. The Philadelphia Work-Family Project is housed within Duke University’s Center for Child and Family Policy and affiliated with the Sanford School of Public Policy. The mission of the Center for Child and Family Policy is to contribute to solutions to important problems affecting today’s children and families, through an integrated system of scientific research, debate and dissemination, public service, and teaching. The Center emphasizes the bridge from basic research to policy and practice. Occupational summary: We seek part-time, temporary, Research Associates based in the Philadelphia area to complete the recruitment phase of our project. Research Associates will be comfortable approaching potential participants directly and will be available during weekends and evenings. Weekly hour are flexible, and approximately 20 hours per week. Compensation is commensurate with experience. Anticipated start and end dates: Aug 1, 2019 – October 31, 2019. Research Associates must be available for the entirety of this time period. Required new staff training will be August 5th and 6th.
Work Performed-A detailed description of functional areas and tasks follows:
- Participate in primary data collection by directly approaching and recruiting participants in Philadelphia, in pairs with another Research Associate.
- Plan, implement and coordinate reporting systems designed to monitor participant recruitment, track progress within key subgroups, and help identify additional recruitment sites.
- Maintain clear communications with research participants, explain study expectations, and coordinate appointment times.
- Provide project administrative support, in coordination with research staff, to facilitate participant payments and maintain project confidentiality.
- Maintain relationships and communication with existing community partner contacts and attend relevant meetings. Collaborate in the identification of additional partners within Philadelphia.
Education/Training: Work requires knowledge of data collection and research principles normally acquired through two years of experience in community-based research, or equivalent education. Proficiency in Spanish is preferred.
Please submit your resume via email to Jennie Copeland, MSW, email@example.com.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.