City of Philadelphia
Philadelphia AmeriCorps Week schedule of events
Please see the official Philadelphia AmeriCorps Week website for the list of events and social media themes. Please communicate with your members and alumni to 1) participate in these events, 2) complete the member spotlight survey and 3) alert your communications/social media team to participate in the various day’s social media theme. Additionally, we have included links to each event’s Eventbrite registration.
Please remember event registration is first come, first serve! Food will either be served or available for purchase at all events.
1) Member Spotlight Survey:
http://goo.gl/forms/lI9Yw3FsX8 A great way to give a face to AmeriCorps programs and service *Please remember to have folks follow up with a headshot or picture from a service activity.*
Monday, March 7th:
1. Philabundance Service event, 8:30 AM to 12 PM
2. Professional Development Twitter Chat, 12 to 1 PM – follow @PhilaACWeek to participate
3. Professional Development activity, Managing Your Credit Score & Education Award with Clarifi and CNCS, 5 to 7 PM at 440 N. Broad Street
Tuesday, March 8th:
4. Professional Development – Speed Networking with AmeriCorps Alumni, 5 to 7 PM in the Innovation Lab at the Municipal Services Building
Wednesday, March 9th:
5. Network and Chill (21+ Happy Hour) at Howl at the Moon **please remind members not to wear AmeriCorps logos to the event**
Thursday, March 10th:
6. Service Series – Community Convening & Potluck Dinner, 6 to 8 PM in the Innovation Lab at the Municipal Services Building
Friday, March 11th:
7. Meet & Greet/Talent Showcase, Starts at 7 PM at the Field House **please remind members not to wear AmeriCorps logos to the event**
Saturday, March 12th:
8. Service Series – All Hands Day of Service & Conversation with Mayor Kenney
3) Social Media Accounts:
Please remember we scaled down events in place of an active and informative social media presence! Please alert all communications staff/point people
1. WordPress website – http://phlamericorpsweek16.wordpress.com
2. Instagram – @phlamericorpsweek
3. Snapchat – @phlamericorpsweek16
4. Twitter – @PhilaACWeek
5. Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/PHLAmeriCorpsWeek16/
6. Hashtags – #AmeriCorpsWorks; #AmeriCorpsPhilly & please see each day’s unique hashtag on the social media flyer.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.