Spring/Summer Internship, Philadelphia Academy of School Leaders
Posted by Philadelphia Academy of School Leaders on March 5, 2019
The Philadelphia Academy of School Leaders (School Leaders) believes that, in order for the city of Philadelphia to reach its fullest potential, our city must offer and deliver compelling educational opportunities for all 225,000 students in its public, charter, and faith-based schools. School Leaders was created in 2015 to serve as a critical partner and cross-sector leadership development resource in the city of Philadelphia. Driven by a sense of urgency to improve educational quality for our school children, School Leaders meets the needs of leaders at multiple stages of their careers: from aspiring to practicing principals and from teacher to school to system leaders. Our results-driven, evidence-based approach provides the necessary tools, skills, and networks to inspire high levels of student achievement.
More information about the Philadelphia Academy of School Leaders and its programs can be found at
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The Philadelphia Academy of School Leaders Spring and/or Summer Intern will participate in all aspects of our work, including but not limited to:
- Program Development and Implementation: Provide planning and implementation support for events and programs (some evening and weekend events required)
- Communications: Write content summary documents for program sessions, build and manage contact lists; expand communications infrastructure; develop biographies and school profiles for program participants; monitor and track media mentions for Philadelphia Academy of School Leaders network
- Business Development: Support expansion and maintenance of Salesforce system
- Data Analysis: Collect, organize, and analyze organizational and programmatic data
- Office Support: Administrative support tasks as necessary
The Philadelphia Academy of School Leaders Program Associate position is open for the spring and summer – we are interested in meeting candidates who are available for any of the time frames below:
• Spring only (March – May)
• Summer only (May – August)
• Spring and summer (March – August)
In addition to the above, there is the potential to extend employment after August 2019.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate for this position is a graduate student with experience and interest in the field of education. In addition, the ideal candidate will have excellent writing and research ability, strong analytical skills, and experience with Microsoft Office products. In addition, experience with Salesforce and MailChimp is desirable. The candidate will possess excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills; be self-directed and motivated after initial instruction; and have an interest in tackling new projects.
Candidates hired for the summer must be available to work the entirety of the 2019 Neubauer Fellowship Summer Institute (July 8 – 13, 2019).
How to Apply: To apply, please send resume and brief cover letter to Caitlin Linhardt (email@example.com)
addressing the following questions:
- Why are you interested in working with the Philadelphia Academy of School Leaders?
- What aspect of the position do you believe best aligns do your skills and interests?
- What is your desired start date and availability based on the above three options (spring only, summer only, or spring and summer)?
- Delaware River Watershed Fellowship 2021 – Apr 2
- Director of Community Engagement, Research for Action
- Executive Director, Community Options
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.