PHENND Seeks Pt-time Recruitment and Communications Assistant
Posted by PHENND on February 23, 2021
The PHENND Fellows VISTA project recruits ~40 people every year in order to serve in local Philadelphia nonprofits and schools. Recruitment for these positions is a complex and multi-month undertaking in order to ensure quality candidates across an array of different service sites. As such, PHENND is seeking to engage a part-time temporary recruitment assistant in order to handle the influx of applications, interviews, and acceptances we expect this year (over 300). The ideal candidate would have proficiency and comfort with spreadsheet software such as excel and google sheets, good organizational skills, the ability to follow complex procedures, advanced communication skills, as well as basic proficiency in design and formatting newsletters and engagingly designed documents.
The PHENND recruitment assistant will work with the Operations Coordinator and others on the PHENND team to complete recruitment for the 2021-2022 VISTA year (60%)
- Process incoming applications by reading, summarizing, and vetting applicants
- Schedule interviews with applicants and interview applicants themselves
- Coordinate with other members of the PHENND team to schedule interviews and follow up with team members as they complete those interviews
- Vet candidates for different positions and suggest appropriate placements for them
- Communicate with candidates about the process and their progress
- Work closely with the Operations coordinator to manage the applicant and potential applicant tracking systems
The PHENND recruitment assistant additionally will work with the Executive Director and other members of the PHENND team to execute some of the standard functions of the PHENND office (40%)
- Assemble and layout newsletters
- Design promotional materials, logos, and other outreach documents
- Proficiency and comfort with spreadsheet management such as excel and google sheets. The ideal candidate would be familiar with hiding/unhiding, conditional formatting, data validation, tables, filtering and sorting, and countif/s functions.
- Advanced communication skills. The ideal candidate would be able to successfully interview a candidate, both through following a designated pre-created procedure and also through formulating individualized follow up questions in order to get at specific information for a specific candidate.
- Advanced Organization Skills. The ideal candidate would be comfortable using systems which are intended to keep track of large amounts of information, as well as be able to rigorously record and keep track of that information.
- Basic design skills. Proficiency with Canva, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator OR InDesign. Comfortable laying out complex and engaging documents.
- Because recruitment takes place over a long period of time with a number of different actors, hours per week will vary between 5-20 hours per week split between VISTA recruitment and PHENND administration.
- In March, hours will likely be between 10-15 hours a week
- In April through May, hours will likely be between 15-20 hours per week
- In June, hours will likely be between 8-12 hours per week
- From July onward, hours will likely be 8-12 hours per week focusing more on general PHENND admin support.
- This position pays $18/hour
- This work is remote and somewhat asynchronous until further notice. While some tasks can be performed outside of normal work hours, interviews and meetings with colleagues will need to take place during M-F 9-5.
We are looking to hire someone immediately. Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 5th with “VISTA Recruitment” in the subject header. We will interview the week of March 8th and hopefully onboard by March 15th.
More in "PHENND Events/Activities"
- PHENND Seeks Pt-time Recruitment and Communications Assistant
- PHENND Seeks Next Steps AmeriCorps Team Leaders
- PHENND Seeks Community Partnerships Coordinator VISTAs
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.