PHENND Seeks Next Steps AmeriCorps Team Leaders
Posted by PHENND on February 11, 2020
PHENND seeks 3-4 full-time AmeriCorps members to serve as Next Steps Team Leaders and help support low-income first generation college students who are themselves enrolled as part-time AmeriCorps members. Team Leaders are an integral part of the Next Steps AmeriCorps program.
The Next Steps AmeriCorps is designed as a college retention initiate for rising sophomores and juniors who are Pell-eligible graduates of high poverty school districts. The Next Steps AmeriCorps program engages college students in community service, mentoring, supportive workshops and leadership development. Participants known as Corps members, complete 300 hours of community service in the course of one year. Corps are placed with community service placements and also mentor one incoming first-year student as part of their service. Team Leaders will be an integral part of the Next Steps AmeriCorps program and will be placed either at Cabrini University, Kutztown University or Temple University.
• Feb 10-May 30 – Online applications accepted on a rolling basis
• Feb 1-May 30 – First round telephone interviews completed
• Mar 15-May 31– Second round interviews and campus matching meeting
• June 1 – Candidates notified
• June 30 – Candidate commitment expected
• August 20, 2020 – AmeriCorps term start date
• August 19, 2021 – Service year ends
Learn more and apply here: https://forms.gle/yTRCJ76QDVTMJbny6
More in "PHENND Events/Activities"
- Service Stories: Episode 2
- Webinar: Global Teaching and Learning in the Time of COVID-19: Open Access, Virtual Collaborations and New Global Learning Pathways – Aug 13
- Webinar: A Toolkit for Understanding Local Issues in Global Context, Including Racism and Structural Inequality – Aug 11
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.