PHENND Seeks Next Steps AmeriCorps Team Leaders
Posted by PHENND on February 23, 2021
PHENND seeks 4-5 full-time AmeriCorps members to serve as Next Steps Team Leaders and help support low-income first generation college students who are themselves enrolled as part-time AmeriCorps members. Team Leaders are an integral part of the Next Steps AmeriCorps program.
The Next Steps AmeriCorps is designed as a college retention initiate for rising sophomores and juniors who are Pell-eligible graduates of high poverty school districts. The Next Steps AmeriCorps program engages college students in community service, mentoring, supportive workshops and leadership development. Participants known as Corps members, complete 300 hours of community service in the course of one year. Corps are placed with community service placements and also mentor one incoming first-year student as part of their service. Team Leaders will be an integral part of the Next Steps AmeriCorps program and will be placed either at Cabrini University, Community College of Philadelphia, Kutztown University, or Temple University.
• Feb 23-May 30 – Online applications accepted on a rolling basis
• Mar 1-May 31 – First round telephone interviews completed
• Mar 15-May 31– Second round interviews and campus matching meeting
• June 1 – Candidates notified
• June 30 – Candidate commitment expected
• August 20, 2021 – AmeriCorps term start date
• August 19, 2022 – Service year ends
Learn more and apply here: https://forms.gle/GjX8KzkrUb6DovRT9
More in "PHENND Events/Activities"
- PHENND Seeks Pt-time Recruitment and Communications Assistant
- PHENND Seeks Next Steps AmeriCorps Team Leaders
- PHENND Seeks Community Partnerships Coordinator VISTAs
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.