PHENND Fellow: Communications and Social Media Specialist, MPRC
Mentoring Partnership & Resource Center (Powered by Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence Region)
Position: PHENND Fellow – Communications and Social Media Specialist
Location: Philadelphia, PA (with travel within multi-county service region required)
AGENCY OVERVIEW AND JOB DESCRIPTION
The Mentoring Partnership & Resource Center (MPRC) was launched in March 2015 to expand the mentoring field’s regional capacity to reach more school-aged children and youth with high quality mentors using best practices, training, and professional support to achieve lifelong positive educational and behavioral outcomes for youth and to close the mentoring gap. The MPRC is an intermediary that provides leadership and peer support to dozens of youth mentoring organizations throughout eastern Pennsylvania. MPRC is powered by Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence Region and is an affiliate of MENTOR: The National Mentoring Partnership (MENTOR). MPRC seeks a PHENND Fellow to assist the Executive Director in planning and implementation of key parts of the work.
• Research, create, and generate content on youth mentoring for the digital and real-life sphere, including but not limited to blog posts, social media posts, op eds, and partner spotlights.
• Manage MPRC’s social media accounts and website for delivery of content, as well as all communication software including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Hootsuite, Constant Contact, and WordPress.
• Manage MPRC’s participation in wider communications campaigns with stakeholders, such as National Mentoring Month, #MentorIRL, #ThankYourMentor, and the Coach’s Mentoring Challenge.
• Develop or enhance one local advocacy campaign for youth mentoring.
• Work with the Executive Director and the Communications team to plan for and build systems to support MPRC’s effort to be a Thought Leader in youth mentoring in the Philadelphia Region with the overall goal of building awareness of the impacts of high quality mentoring and best mentoring practices across sectors and bringing more resources to the mentoring field.
• Other duties as assigned, including:
o Conduct outreach to engage new Mentoring Programs/Groups and Mentors, media partners.
o Support MPRC’s Training, Technical Assistance, Quality, Data Collection, and Peer Group Engagement efforts.
o Participate in Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence Region’s agency-wide initiatives.
Academic: Minimum – MUST have a Bachelor’s degree.
Professional: One year of experience working in a nonprofit environment and/or a communications role preferred. Knowledge of and/or experience in communications, youth development, mentoring, and/or partnership development. Preferred skills: previous experience in youth service organizations and working with socio-economically diverse populations, and experience or course work in communications.
Compensation: AmeriCorps VISTAs commit to a full-time year of service for a minimal living stipend of approximately $13,293 per year. VISTA members are provided health coverage and loan forbearance for any current federal student loans. Upon completion of the full year, they also receive an AmeriCorps Education Award of $5815 that can be used to pay for future educational expenses and/or pay off federal student loans. PHENND Fellows are also provided a $500/mo housing stipend made payable directly to a landlord.
Apply here: https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?id=74482&fromSearch=true
email Hillary Kane at email@example.com to tell her you’ve applied.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.