PHEAA’s Financial Aid Workshop
Posted by PHEAA on September 22, 2014
Greetings from the PA School Services division of PHEAA
We are inviting you to attend our annual Financial Aid Workshop conducted by the Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency (PHEAA) and the Pennsylvania Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (PASFAA). This workshop is offered free of charge and will provide you with the latest information on financial aid for postsecondary education. You will be provided with a workshop handbook, handouts and materials.
Due to the increasing cost of higher education, it is more important than ever for counselors to understand the financial aid application process and the availability of financial aid for students. Federal grants and loans, the Pennsylvania State Grant and special programs, campus based aid,
financial literacy and emerging trends in student aid and the workforce will all be addressed during this vital training session. If you are somewhat unfamiliar with financial aid, we suggest you review our 2013 workshop manual available at http://www.pheaa.org/partner- access/toolkit-downloads/ workshop-manual.pdf prior to attending the workshop.
Workshops are being offered at 41 locations throughout the state during the month of November. To view a list of dates and sites, and to register for the workshop of your choice, click on the following link: http://www.pheaa.org/partner- access/training/workshops. shtml
(28) November 7, 2014 Bucks County Community College (Fran McKeown) Newtown
(29) November 10, 2014 Colonial Intermediate Unit #20 (Michael Burke) Easton
(30) November 13, 2014 Chester County Intermediate Unit (Michael Burke) Downingtown
(31) November 13, 2014 Gwynedd Mercy University (Fran McKeown) Gwynedd Valley
(32) November 14, 2014 Delaware County Intermediate Unit (Fran McKeown) Morton
(33) November 14, 2014 DeSales University (Michael Burke) Center Valley
(34) November 13, 2014 Community College of Philadelphia NW Philadelphia
(35) November 18, 2014 Community College of Philadelphia NW Philadelphia
On-site check-in the day of the workshop will be conducted from 8:30 AM to 9:00 AM, with complimentary refreshments being served. Workshops will begin at 9:00 AM and conclude by 12:15 PM.
Please register at least one week prior to the date of the workshop you wish to attend. Upon registration, you will receive an email confirmation with workshop location, directions and parking information. If you need to cancel or change your registration, please email PASSWorkshops@pheaa.org with your changes.
PHEAA will no longer award Act 48 credits for our Counselor Workshops. We will be providing all attendees with a letter confirming workshop attendance. School staff may use the letter to submit for the three hours if they choose to do so.
We look forward to seeing you at our workshop. Please share this invitation with any colleagues who may be interested but did not receive this email. If you have any questions or need assistance with the registration process, please email us at PASSWorkshops@pheaa.org.
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- Telling Your Health Story, Health Writing Seminar – Nov 13-14
- Women’s Leadership Forums – Nov 4
- CARES Symposium: A Conversation Between Rev. Kaji Douša and R. Stanton Jones – Nov 2
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.