Pennsylvania Youth Survey Webinar
Posted by on August 05, 2013
WEBINAR #5: THE PA YOUTH SURVEY
August 22nd at 12pm
The Pennsylvania Youth Survey (PAYS) is an anonymous, confidential, and voluntary survey completed by youth in grades 6, 8, 10, and 12 every other year in school districts across Pennsylvania. The survey asks students questions about the behaviors and attitudes that are risks to their success as well as the positive (protective) things that occur in their lives that lead to success. The survey is conducted by the Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency (PCCD) and for the first time ever will be offered to all school districts in the Commonwealth completely free of charge through a partnership between the Department of Education (PDE), the Department of Drug and Alcohol Programs (DDAP), and PCCD.
This webinar training will cover specific issues of interest school board members related to the PAYS to include:
- What is PAYS?
- How to make the best use PAYS data
- The Institutional Review Board Process- what is covered by Penn State’s IRB
- How to elicit community-level support for PA schools through using the PAYS
- Other logistics and specifics on the PAYS pertinent to school boards
Click the button below to register for this webinar.
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Webinar on Emerging Adults: Myths & Facts: Why The Huge Disparities? – Mar 25
- Webinar: Emerging Adults: Why Are They Different? – Mar 11
- Critical Methods in Service Learning – Feb 25 & Mar 4
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.