Pennsylvania Data and Targeting Associate, State Voices
Posted by on April 15, 2013
State Voices is a national network – built from the states up – that helps grassroots organizations win shared policy and civic engagement victories and build long-term power. We support the work of 501(c)(3) organizations or “state tables” in twenty-two states that connect hundreds of state, local and national affiliate organizations. State Voices has provided our affiliates with a variety of resources and tools to create support and enhance the impact of 501 (c)(3) civic engagement organizations across the country. Pennsylvania Voice is a relatively new state network of more than 40 nonprofit organizations across the Commonwealth providing, technical assistance and support on data driven program.
Principal Responsibilities for the Pennsylvania Data & Targeting Associate include:
• Work with Pennsylvania Voice staff and other State Voices and VVN staff responsible for the acquisition, enhancement, manipulation and management of voter files.
• Manage voter file access for State Voices partner organizations and their consultants. This includes administering user and security settings; training end-users and providing available technical assistance; and running queries to perform counts.
• Work with partner organizations using the voter file and other technologies to support and enhance voter contact programs (mail, phones, door to door, etc.). This includes analyzing voter files and generating reports, as well as assisting partners in employing best practices for targeting.
• Make recommendations and provide strategic to support regarding programs on ways to make data and database operations more efficient and effective.
• Manage and enhance volunteer recruitment database, virtual predictive dialer, and other web based programs and information.
• Work with other State Voices staff and partner groups to ensure voter contact programs are maximizing shared voter file, targeting, and other data resources.
• Troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software problems.
• Other responsibilities as assigned
The successful candidate will bring the following professional qualifications and personal attributes:
• A strong commitment to progressive civic engagement and an understanding of nonpartisan 501(c)(3) organizations a must!
• Understanding of, and technical or project management experience with, relational database systems and web development projects is preferred.
• Ability to analyze and project trends from large data sets.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to communicate technical subjects to less technical individuals.
• Experience working with Excel, SQL, GIS and python
• Familiarity with online tools such as Catalist and the VAN (Voter Activation Network) is a must. Experience with other constituent relationship management tools is a plus.
• Candidates should have an understanding of common direct public contact program
and experience in the use of data and analytics to drive effective decision-making.
• Ability to produce consumer-friendly reports and visual depictions of data.
• Diplomatic, professional approach to problem solving while working independently or on a team.
• Ability to manage several tasks/projects concurrently and prioritize work effectively.
• Must be a self-starter; willing to work sometimes long, irregular hours and to travel as needed.
Location: The location of the Pennsylvania Data & Targeting Associate will be in Philadelphia, PA.
Compensation: Compensation is competitive and negotiable depending on background and experience, and includes a full benefits package.
To apply please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal employment opportunity and having a diverse staff are fundamental principles at State Voices, where employment and promotional opportunities are based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law.
Application Deadline is April 17, 2013
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.