Peer Mentor Coordinator, Community College of Philadelphia
Peer Mentoring Position at Community College
The Peer Mentor Coordinator, reporting to the Manager of Student Success Initiatives, will be responsible for successfully executing all tasks associated with coordinating and implementing the Early Alert Peer Mentor Program including the hiring and training of peer mentors, and monitoring the peer mentor-mentee relationship ensuring that continuous communication is occurring. The Early Alert Peer Mentor Program at the College offers at-risk populations the opportunity to be mentored by a student peer at the College.
* Coordinate Early Alert Peer Mentor Program.
* Recruit and hire peer mentors.
* Establish and deliver an intensive peer mentor training program including the development of content.
* Monitor and supervise activities of peer mentors.
* Meet with peer mentors on a regular basis to receive updates on mentees and to ensure responsibilities are being met.
* Establish and maintain a tracking and monitoring system for each peer mentor cohort.
* Assist in the creation and administration of program assessments.
* Provide day-to-day administrative tasks as needed for the program.
* Ensure peer mentor payments are processed efficiently and in a timely manner.
* Serve as direct point of contact for peer mentor and mentee concerns.
* Produce reports as needed to document the activities and outcomes of the program.
* Provide clear and consistent progress reports to supervisor.
* Effectively communicate and collaborate with other College offices and departments to enhance the peer mentor program.
* Perform assigned duties in a manner consistent with the mission, goals and core values of the College.
* Maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty and staff of varying social, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* 100% College-paid coverage for medical, dental and prescription drug for employee and all of his/her eligible family members
* College-paid life and disability insurance
* Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
* Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at an accredited academic institution)
* 403(b) retirement plan with 10 percent College contribution and a 5 percent employee contribution
* Health Care and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
* Paid vacation time; plus holiday and personal time
* Benefits may vary depending upon job classification.
For a detailed job description, required qualifications and to apply online, please visit the Community College career site at https://jobs.ccp.edu.
Those interested in the position should complete an online application and attach a cover letter of interest and resume.
You may also attach the names and contact information of three professional references. Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.