Peer Counselor, Family Planning Council
Posted by on January 30, 2011
Circle of Care, Peer Counselor
Company: Family Planning Council
Status: Full-Time; Employee (35 hours per week)
Relevant Work Experience: 1+ year(s)
Educational Level: High School Diploma or GED
Location: Philadelphia, PA 19103
Job Category: HIV Services
Career Level: Entry Level
Salary Range: $13.00/hour-$14.00/hour
Family Planning Council, a large, well-regarded not-for-profit human services agency in downtown Philadelphia, is seeking a Peer Counselor in our Circle of Care department. The successful candidate will be a team player who can work in a multi-cultural environment and is proficient in the provision of risk reduction counseling sessions; the administration of rapid HIV Testing technologies and is proficient in providing risk reduction counseling sessions. Primary job responsibilities include:
• Outreach to heterosexual men of color in South West and West Philadelphia.
• Conduct confidential HIV counseling and testing in identified sites.
• Provide practical HIV information and education in community settings.
• Provide referrals and linkages to care to clients.
• Represent the Circle of Care at local and national project meetings, staff meetings, and provider meetings and otherwise represent the program in other forums as requested.
• Must have AACO Regional Prevention Network Certification or comparable HIV certification course (American Red Cross, TPAC, Philadelphia FIGHT).
• Must have High School Diploma or GED.
• Must have good written and oral communication skills.
• Must have strong Microsoft Office experience.
• Must have 1+ year(s) HIV Prevention and Education experience.
• Must have reliable transportation.
The Council offers a comprehensive benefits package, effective at date of hire that includes medical, dental, retirement, life and disability insurance. The Council is on public transportation routes; supports flexible work schedules for employees and is a business casual dress environment. No relocation available. Equal Opportunity Employer. Please email all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 215-732-1252.
- Crew Leader, PowerCorpsPHL
- Director of Development, First Up
- PowerCorpsPHL recruiting AmeriCorps members
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.