Pediatric Asthma Prevention Program Specialist, Hispanic Family Center of So. Jersey
HISPANIC FAMILY CENTER OF SOUTHERN NEW JERSEY
Providing the community with a broad range of culturally relevant social services and advocacy programs that promote and encourage empowerment and self sufficiency since 1976.
PAPP Program Prevention Specialist
The PAPP (Pediatric Asthma Prevention Program) is a Camden City based program developed to provide group and individual strategies to prevent asthma.
Position: Prevention Specialist, 40 hours weekly (occasional evenings/weekends required)
The basic requirements for the position are as follows:
• Conduct outreach into high-risk communities (high number of school absences and/or high number of ED visits) and recruit individuals and families affected by Chronic Asthma.
• Conduct group educational sessions regarding asthma, its triggers and prevention strategies with identified high risk asthmatics and their families.
• Conduct home visits to assess environmental factors contributing to asthma.
• Maintain a caseload of five families for intensive home based case management that aims to promote healthy living and reduce asthma attacks thus reducing school absences/ED visits.
• Communicate with healthcare providers and promote the use of the asthma treatment plan.
• Network with schools and hospitals to ensure that the target population is reached.
• BA degree in health or social work strongly preferred (or Associates Degree and five years of relevant experience)
• Must be able to speak and read English and Spanish
• Other duties will be described in the job description and interview process.
HFCSNJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers good pay and excellent benefits. Send resume and salary requirements to: Kristin Nicely-Colangelo, MSW, Hispanic Family Center of Southern New Jersey, 2850 Federal Street Street, Camden, NJ 08105.
2850 Federal St | Camden, NJ 08105 | (Tel) 856-963-0270 | (Fax) 856-338-0875 | http://www.hispanicfamilycenter.com
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.