Passionate Conversations About Youth Development
Posted by on March 03, 2014
Please join us for the RESCHEDULED
“Passionate Conversations About Youth Development”
hosted by The Sandbox
This event will provide an opportunity for youth development professionals to engage in conversations about positive youth development.
The Sandbox was born out of CONNECT PYDC, which was started in April 2013 as a monthly forum for youth development consultants. The goals of those meetings were to bring consultants together to increase collaboration and reduce competition, and to share resources.
Goals of The Sandbox: To create a monthly forum for discussions, networking, resource sharing and collaboration for adults who: work with, on behalf of, and advocate for youth in Philadelphia.
You should join us if these guiding principles resonate with you:
- You use a strengths-based approach to work with youth, families & communities;
- You have an interest in collaborating with adults who work with, for, and/or on behalf of youth;
- You look at your work as a juicy extension of your purpose;
- A part of you wants to create from outside of the ‘systems’;
- You think that work and play can co-exist;
- You want to have different conversations about ‘what’s best for….’ (Fill in the blank);
- You are seeking thought/test partners who share similar values abut their approach to working with youth, families, & communities.
Contact Rebecca Fabiano: Rebecca_Fabiano@yahoo.com
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- Civic Engagement Academy: Media & Marketing – Dec 15
- Thinking Beyond Walls: The Role of Nursing in Community-Based Organizations – Dec 8
- Community-Based and Engaged Learning Training – Jan 18 & 19
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.