Partnerships: A Journal of Service-Learning and Civic Engagement
Posted by North Carolina Campus Compact on November 13, 2018
Read the latest edition of Partnerships: A Journal of Service-Learning and Civic Engagement, North Carolina Campus Compact’s peer-reviewed, online journal, hosted by the University of North Carolina at Greensboro.
The fall 2018 issue of Partnerships: A Journal of Service-Learning and Civic Engagement marks the conclusion of a decade for us in publishing articles that recognize successful engaged learning depends on effective partnerships. Thus, it is fitting that this issue’s articles address directly through empirical research the impact of service-learning partnerships in three distinct areas: how academic-based service yields stronger results than community service; how service-learning directed toward at-risk youth can and should expand to include longitudinal studies; and, how service-learning when paired with sustainability efforts draws greater attention to much needed eco-justice around the world.
- A comparison of the experiences and vocational benefits of service-learning and community service volunteering in a community-based exercise program
Jenelle B. Weidner, Rachael C. Stone, Amy E. Latimer-Cheung, Jennifer R. Tomasone
- Helping At-Risk Youth to ‘Think Big’: A Partnership between a College and a Community Agency
- A New Alliance for Service Learning and Community Engagement To Cultivate Citizens with an Ecocentric Vision of Justice
Melanie G Keel, Catherine Wright, Allison Kellar
- BOOK REVIEWS
Maria Avila, PH.D (2018) Transformative Civic Engagement Through Community Organizing. Stylus Publishing LLC
S. Richard Coon, Sean Crossland
More in "New Resources"
- William Penn Foundation Supports Equitable Internet Access for Philadelphia Students
- How U.S Poverty Could Spike in the Last Half of the Year
- Race and Poverty Tied to Coronavirus Disparities
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.