West Philly Promise Neighborhood
Part-time Survey Administrator, West Philly Promise Neighborhood
TEMPORARY POSITION: Part-time Survey Administrator West Philly Promise Neighborhood
September 2019- December 2019
• The West Philly Promise Neighborhood is an initiative funded by the US Department of Education that supports cradle to career opportunities for children living or going to school in Belmont, Mantua, Mill Creek, Powelton Village, and West Powelton/Saunders Parle The initiative looks to improve education, health, and economic successes for children, their families and communities.
• The Promise Neighborhood is recruiting up to 15 people to work as surveyors for the 2019 Promise Neighborhood Survey. Surveyors will be collecting surveys from 1500 residents in the neighborhoods listed above.
• Training: A five-day paid training session will be held for staff during the week of August 12th. This training will prepare staff to become certified to conduct research with people in the community.
• Survey Collection: September through December 2019 for 25-39 hours per week. Times will be scheduled during morning, afternoon and evening hours on weekdays, and Saturdays.
• Survey teams (two people per team) will:
o Conduct a confidential, electronic survey with residents using a handheld computer.
o Knock at randomly pre-selected addresses between the hours of 1 0am and 8pm on weekdays and 1 0am to 6pm on Saturdays.
o Screen residents of each address to determine survey eligibility
o After screening, recruit those adults to complete a 40-60-minute survey.
o Describe and complete the consent process and administer survey.
o Record the data into the handheld computer.
o Be responsible for keeping track of completed surveys and incentives
o Provide weekly updates to the West Philly Promise Neighborhood team.
Skills and abilities:
• Available for hours during the entire data collection period (September – December).
• Able to work in an urban and diverse environment.
• Familiar with Mantua, Powelton Village, West Powelton, Mill Creek, East Parkside, and Belmont neighborhoods.
• Preference will be given to applicants who live in one of the six neighborhoods mentioned above.
• Strong communication skills, well organized and excellent attention to detail.
• Able to use good judgement.
• Willing to go above and beyond.
• Able to maintain confidentiality.
• Comfortable doing basic data entry using survey software;
• Must have ability to access email and web-based trainings independently.
• Must be able to walk long distances, climb stairs to knock on doors and stand for extended periods of time.
• Must speak English but bilingual is preferred.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Background investigations are required for all new Drexel University hires as a condition of employment, after the job offer is made. Employment may not begin until the University accepts the results of the background investigation.
Payment: The position is temporary. The hourly rate is $20.
If you are interested or someone you know is interested, please contact Kelley Traister, Project Manager at 267.341.8387 or by email Kelley.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.