Congreso de Latinos Unidos
Part-Time STEM Coordinator, Congreso de Latinos Unidos
The Part Time STEM Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of school year STEM programming through Congreso’s afterschool programs. The Coordinator will work with families and schools generate interest in STEM. The position will facilitate implementation of STEM program delivery including but not limited to program design, communication with partners, and staff and student supervision.
The STEM coordinator will also connect STEM to 21st Century skills including critical thinking, problem solving and collaboration. Each content area speaks easily and effectively to the development of these ideals and their connections to the workforce. Finally, the position will support special projects that ensure a safe, fun, and productive school year across Congreso’s Children and Youth Services K-8 programs.
- Supports the implementation and coordination of STEM programming.
- Coordinates and supports part time direct-service staff with implementation and facilitation of program activities.
- Collaborates with contractors.
- Works with Compliance and Operations Manager to ensure client data is collected and recorded accurately and in a timely manner.
- Supports special projects that include department wide events.
- Routinely reviews participant records/charts/documentation to assure that they are maintained in accordance with funder requirements.
- Establishes collaborative relationships with community-based organizations, institutions of higher education and other public/private agencies serving the surrounding community.
- Attends relevant trainings including funder meetings and professional development trainings.
- Supports Out of School Time Program Team to conduct outreach, recruitment & enrollment activities & internal referrals.
- Collaborates with Out of School Time Program Team for strategic planning and program development.
- Supports coordination and implementation of school year programming.
- Maintains regular communication with parents regarding student enrollment and progress.
- Ability to provide services to clients and staff that reflects Primary Client Model service delivery approaches that are Client-Centered, Data-Informed, and Culturally-Appreciative.
- Attend and participate in continuing education related to Primary Client Model which include active participation in quality circles and the maintenance of work according to the data established requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Provide management of department and staff through independent judgment and decision-making.
- Regularly direct the work of, schedule, and provide staff development opportunities and training to department staff.
Congreso is a multi-service nonprofit organization whose mission is to strengthen Latino communities through social, economic, education, and health services; leadership development and advocacy. Founded in Philadelphia in 1977, Congreso has grown into a national thought leader on nonprofit performance management with an expert focus on the Latino community. Congreso is anchored by its innovative Primary Client Model (PCM™), and provides direct services to residents of the Philadelphia region while providing consult to other nonprofits and government systems nationally.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.