Health Care 4 All PA
Part Time Organizer, Health Care 4 All PA
Position Available: Part Time Organizer
Health Care 4 All PA is a statewide, non-profit organization that has been educating the public about and advocating for comprehensive, universal healthcare for Pennsylvania, utilizing an Expanded and Improved Medicare for All model. Health Care 4 All PA has chapters and activists located throughout the Commonwealth. The locations include Philadelphia, Lancaster, Reading, Hershey, Gettysburg, Williamsport, McConnellsburg, State College, Bellefonte, Johnstown, Pittsburgh, Clarion, and Erie.
Mission Statement: Health Care 4 All PA is a citizens’ movement working to ensure quality, comprehensive, and affordable healthcare for every Pennsylvania resident.
Job Title: Organizer
Job Status: Part-time, Independent Contractor, 15 hours per week, 60 hours per month for 6 months (could be extended if funding available), flexible schedule including evenings and weekends, office space in Philadelphia
Compensation: $15 per hour and up to $100 per month for work-related expenses
Reports To: President and his/ her designee
Expected Start Date: May 10, 2017
Position Summary: This position requires the ability to work effectively with the President, his or her designee, board members, and member activists in order to expand the membership base. The Organizer must have good verbal and written communication skills, familiarity with and ability to use computer technology, and fluency with social media and database management. The organizer must have the ability to function independently in scheduling and prioritizing task, etc. Finally the Organizer must be committed to Health Care 4 All PA’s mission and share the organization’s values.
- Development and maintenance of 1-2 local organizing committees in your turf
- Development and maintenance of other regular general member meetings as they develop in your turf
- Collaborative base building with a team – including goal setting and planning, door-knocking, tabling and other outreach
- Creation and maintenance of consistent work plan
- Organize and bottom-line specific base building and power building tactics that are part of the Single Payer Campaign
- Ongoing one on one’s with new and existing members and staff of other organization
- Help create structures to facilitate the full and active participation of members in HCFA campaigns and teams
- Identify training and support needs and act as a bridge for communication and feedback between local organizing leaders and the rest of HCFA.
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
- Community or labor organizing experience a plus
How to Apply: Submit a cover letter, that includes a statement of interest and your qualifications for the position, and a resume. Please send by email to: email@example.com
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.