Part-Time Human Resources Manager, Mural Arts Philadelphia
Posted by Mural Arts Philadelphia on February 4, 2020
Mural Arts Philadelphia is the nation’s largest public art program, dedicated to the belief that art ignites change. For over 30 years, Mural Arts has united artists and communities through a collaborative and equitable process, creating nearly 4,000 artworks that have transformed public spaces and individual lives. Mural Arts aims to empower people, stimulate dialogue, and build bridges of understanding with projects that attract artists from Philadelphia and around the world, and programs that focus on youth education, restorative justice, mental health and wellness, and public art and its preservation, earning Philadelphia worldwide recognition as the “City of Murals.”
Mural Arts seeks a Part-Time Human Resources Manager, tasked to formalize and normalize the HR core practices of the organization. The successful candidate is a seasoned HR Generalist with a solid knowledge base to establish a new HR function, and the skill set to function as the sole HR practitioner. The role has a focus on organizing information, implementing standard processes, and creating an internal reputation as a valued resource. Over time, the work is expected to broaden to include planning, employee relations, and performance support.
A minimum of 5 years’ prior experience in an exempt HR generalist role is required. This is an exciting opportunity for a qualified candidate who desires a part-time, flexible schedule. This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
· Position is not eligible for standard employee benefits.
· Position will have flexibility for scheduling unpaid PTO
· On-site position with limited remote options
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Centralize the HR function; establishing standardized core practices for employee information management, recruitment, benefits management, etc. providing effective internal communications to support acceptance.
· Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and regional labor and wage laws.
· Recruitment and retention: lead recruitment efforts to ensure the identification of qualified talent, and initiate best practices in hiring, on-boarding, and retention.
· Administer the Employee Benefits Program, including design and communications.
· Support employee compensation planning.
· Performance Management: Administer the process, scheduling and documentation of periodic performance reviews, promotion, transfer, remedial counseling, progressive discipline, layoff and termination. Includes coaching and advising management.
· Know, uphold, and help develop MAP’s policies, procedures and practices.
· Promote and champion the MAP culture.
· Employee Relations: Develop and promote positive employee relations within HR and across the organization. Supports feedback to management via exit surveys and internal surveys.
· Provide recommendations to senior management on training and employee development.
· Effectively collaborate with the executive and leadership group to create a year-round HR plan and support shared objectives related to talent acquisition, employee data, compensation, and budget.
· Other duties as assigned.
Deadline to apply: February 5, 2020.
- Staff Attorney Position, Public Interest Law Center
- Operations Coordinator, Green Woods Charter School
- Customer Success Manager – PA (Remote), Aunt Bertha
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.