Netter Center for Community Partnerships
Part-Time Financial Literacy/Entrepreneurship Instructor, Netter Center for Community Partnerships
The Netter Center for Community Partnerships at the University of Pennsylvania seeks candidates for an Instructor position in the Project Elevate program. Project Elevate will launch in March 2019; powered by the vision of Donte and Rashon, the two young men arrested at Starbucks last spring. We will implement the program through the Netter Center’s Bridges to Wealth and Rebel Ventures curricula and school-based programming.
The instructor will be responsible for teaching an evidence-based business curriculum, adapting it for specific school sites. Training, professional development, and classroom support will be provided. This is a part-time position, paying $18-$22 per hour.
The instructor will work closely with Project Elevate, Bridges to Wealth and Rebel Ventures directors to implement the collaborative financial literacy and entrepreneurship curricula at Bartram and Robeson High Schools. The instructor will serve as a mentor and teacher to participating students, providing school day and after school instruction, as well as supporting teacher partners and other program staff. It will be expected that the instructor will spearhead the annual pitch competition event, where high school students compete for small business funding, assisted by university and corporate mentors.
- Maintaining proper supervision, a positive class environment and smooth transitions, while providing personal support to students
- Manage student participation and behavior, respond to special situations when necessary
- Monitor and support respectful daily space use
- Communicate with families as needed
- Organize and ensure all required paperwork is complete for program activities
- Support program logistics
- Attend meetings and trainings as required
- Provide friendly, professional service to all visitors, volunteers, clients, students, parents, school staff and monitors. Greet and monitor participants during program and dismissal times.
- Collaborate with other staff for event planning, outreach efforts, and other services.
- Other duties as assigned and needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required, Masters Degree Preferred
- At least 2 years experience teaching in urban high schools
- Some business background is preferred
- Conflict resolution and problem-solving skills.
- Positive communication skills.
- Enthusiasm and dedication to improving the lives of youth and families.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Friendly, courteous manner.
- Commitment to on-going growth and professional development.
Applicants can apply by sending their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.