Part-Time Assistant Service-Learning Coordinator, Widener University
Assistant Service-Learning Coordinator- Part-Time
Widener University is seeking a part-time Assistant Service- Learning Coordinator. This position will provide support and programming assistance for service-learning and civic engagement initiatives for Widener University students. This position helps support the continuation of national institutional prominence in this area and enhancement of student learning aligned with the new 2014-2021 Widener University strategic plan in service and civic engagement.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Coordinate administrative processes and risk management related to conducting and participating in service-learning and civic engagement.
• Provide support to the faculty teaching service-learning courses in areas such as community partnerships, clearances and transportation issues for students and classes.
• Maintain the civic engagement and service learning website
• Assist with data collection and assessment for service-learning program
• Advertise and track service learning classes and projects for more student awareness
• Develop, supervise and train student leaders to help support faculty, students and community partners in service-learning and community-based research projects and courses.
• Collaborate with the co-coordinators for service learning faculty development to support annual appreciation events.
• Analyze gaps and enhance co-curricular programming related to high impact practices.
• Complete other duties as assigned by the Assistant Dean for Civic Engagement, the Coordinator of Academic Service-Learning Faculty Development Program, and/or the Associate Provost and Dean of Students.
• Bachelor’s degree in education, sociology, business or related field
• Two years of program administration and/or operations management experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Understanding of service-learning pedagogy, leadership development theory, student development theory, and best practices in civic engagement programs.
• Ability to design curriculum, facilitate programs, evaluate events, and assess programming and student learning.
• Ability to work cordially and effectively with diverse segments of internal and external college constituencies including students, faculty, colleagues, and the public.
• Exhibits excellent communication skills, organizational skills, interpersonal skills, and has the ability to juggle multiple tasks with ease and adapt to change.
• Demonstrated familiarity with a college/university environment.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office, publishing, website content management and social media software.
• Energy, openness, composure and flexibility.
Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements through our online employment recruitment website: http://www.widener.edu/jobs
Based on the nature of this role, employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a comprehensive criminal background and reference check, and employment verification.
Widener University, an independent, metropolitan university, connects curricula to social issues through civic engagement. Dynamic teaching, active scholarship, personal attention and experiential learning are key components of the Widener Experience. Located in Chester, Pennsylvania, Widener’s main campus is nestled between Philadelphia, PA and Wilmington, DE, with satellite campuses in Exton and Harrisburg, Pennsylvania and Wilmington, Delaware. For more information about the University, please visit our website at http://www.widener.edu
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.