Part-Time Advisor, Graduate! Philadelphia
Posted by Graduate! Philadelphia on May 19, 2014
Open Position: Part-Time Advisor
MISSION: Graduate! Philadelphia helps adults return to college to complete a degree they started but never finished, and supports them through degree completion. Graduate! Philadelphia is the flagship program of The Graduate! Network, Inc. http://www.GraduatePhiladelphia.org
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Graduate! Network, Inc. is seeking two part-time Advisors for Graduate! Philadelphia. Graduate! Philadelphia Advisors serve as guides to our clients, helping them understand their options, form and follow a plan to re-enroll and complete college. Advisors work closely with specialists at our partner colleges to help clients succeed. Advisors use technology as well as in person meetings to achieve their goals. Advisors must have a proven record of commitment to promoting student success as a means to improve the economic and civic well-being of individuals and communities. Advisors must also have a high level of energy and a positive attitude toward work and others. Advisors directly report to a senior advisor or a manager, and support the organization in executing its strategic and tactical plans. This is an exempt, salaried position for 20 hours/week.
• Motivate adults to return to college to complete their education with the support of Graduate! Philadelphia.
• Provide advising, support, assistance, follow-up, and referrals to clients as part of a team of Graduate! Philadelphia and partner college advisors.
• Initiate and maintain a high volume of email and phone contact with prospective and current students, including cold calls, outreach and follow-up.
• Utilize client relationship management system in capturing data, advising, monitoring client progress, as well as managing and monitoring self and team workflow.
• Provide timely reports on services rendered to clients of Graduate! Philadelphia.
• Present workshops, and participate in workshop development.
• Coordinate and execute events.
• Participate in community events.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor degree (BA, BS, etc.) required, Master’s degree preferred in related field (higher education administration, counseling, social work, etc.)
• Minimum two – three years of work experience, preferable in sales and/or advising. Client management experience is a plus.
• Self-motivated starter with a positive attitude, able to work independently while functioning well as part of a team.
• Proven performance based on results and metrics, and close adherence to schedules and commitments.
• Effective phone skills.
• Detail oriented.
• Experiential or professional understanding of academic and non-academic issues surrounding adult learners and specifically adult college students.
• Some understanding of college admissions, academic advising, transcript analysis, and financial aid as they pertain to adult students is a plus.
• Ability to provide developmental advising to adult students and encourage outcomes-directed solutions is a plus.
• Ability to work with individuals with various values, lifestyles, socioeconomic and ethnic backgrounds.
• Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communications.
• Facility using Microsoft Office and web platforms.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Knowledge of the Philadelphia region, community-based organizations, and organizations in the region related to educational attainment and student success preferred.
• Some local travel required (less than 25 percent). Work hours will include some evenings and occasional weekends.
The Graduate! Network, Inc. provides competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Interviewing will start immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please email your cover letter, two appropriate writing samples, and resume along with salary requirements, noting the position title in the subject line, to: Jobs@graduate-network.org.
No phone inquiries, please.
Last day to apply: May 20, 2014
- Staff Attorney, Public Interest Law Center – Apr 5
- Summer Openings for Staff and Apprentices at the Center for Black Educator Development
- Manager, Network Organizing, Engagement, & Knowledge – Mar 26
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.