Paid Construction Training Program through the City of Philadelphia, Feb 7
Posted by Rebuild Philadelphia on January 28, 2020
Rebuild is currently accepting applications for both of our workforce development programs. The spring cohort is designed to facilitate a highly targeted match between Rebuild’s contractors and motivated, fully vetted candidates. Candidates interested in becoming union bricklayers, roofers, or carpenters will be prioritized, but those interested in other trades are also welcome to apply.
This program offers:
- Accelerated placement with union contractors and/or union apprenticeships
- Paid, part-time professional development (2x/week, early evening hours starting in late February)
- Union onboarding supports (initial dues payments, starter tools, etc.)
- Ongoing coaching and professional supports
- Minimum age of 18
- Philadelphia residency
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license
- Valid child abuse clearance
- Ability to pass regular drug screenings
- Ability to engage in strenuous physical work
Learn more and apply: https://www.phila.gov/programs/rebuild/careers/
The deadline to apply is Friday, February 7, 2020.
Rebuild recruitment flyer: https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn%3Aaaid%3Ascds%3AUS%3Acd144abb-d756-47ff-a24e-94351d1ab752
Rebuild training program application: https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn%3Aaaid%3Ascds%3AUS%3A04237b05-a761-4d88-8357-9716663793ea
- Associate Dean – Equity and Access, Admissions, University of Pennsylvania
- Staff Attorney Position, Public Interest Law Center
- Operations Coordinator, Green Woods Charter School
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.