Congressman Dwight Evans
PA Resources for Slowing COVID-19 & Opportunities to Help Neighbors
These are incredibly trying times. Although this pandemic is unlike anything else we’ve experienced in our lifetimes, I am confident that we will be able to come together and figure it out. If there is one thing I know about the American people, it’s that we are kind, resourceful, and remarkably resilient.
Here are some resources you might need as Pennsylvania takes extreme but necessary measures to slow the spread of COVID-19:
- If your place of work shuts down or if you’re self-quarantining or taking care of a kid whose school is closed, you can now use your city-mandated sick days. Learn more.
- You may be able to apply for unemployment benefits to help make ends meet. The waiting week has been suspended, and work search and registration requirements temporarily waived. Learn more.
- Free meals for students are still available while schools are closed. Find out where.
- K-12 learning guides are also available for parents and caregivers. Download now.
- Mental health is incredibly important. If you or anyone you know is in crisis, you can text PA to 741-741. You can also find additional mental health resources here.
- There’s certainly a lot going on right now, but it’s critical we ensure everyone is counted in the 2020 census. You can do it online here.
We are working hard in Congress to secure and distribute the resources needed to both end the pandemic and reduce the economic impact on working families. But I also know some folks are sitting at home and looking for the opportunity to help their neighbors in need.
It is an incredible honor to serve you and your family. Your concerns and health and well-being are front of mind as I work with my colleagues in Congress to alleviate the effects of the coronavirus pandemic.
If you want to receive coronavirus-related alerts on your phone, simply text COVIDPHL to 888-777. You can also call the 24/7 Greater Philadelphia Coronavirus Help to speak with a health care professional at 1-800-722-7112.
More New Resources
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.