PA English as a Second Language Conference
Posted by on November 24, 2008
The Pennsylvania Department of Education, Penn State Harrisburg and the Center for Schools and Communities announce
Multiple Cultures, Multiple Voices: Expanding and Strengthening Practice, Policy and Partnerships
Mark your calendars now for the 2009 ESL Conference:
June 14-16, 2009
Hilton Harrisburg, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
What will I learn?
This conference will offer research-based tools, strategies and resources to strengthen and support the academic and career success of English Language Learners (ELLs) through: educational preparation and instruction; laws, policies and regulations; workforce development; and community, advocacy and family partnerships.
* Learn about current trends, best practice strategies and cutting-edge research from regional, state, and national presenters that increase student performance and build accountability.
* Explore implications and effects of related laws, public policies and regulations guiding the education of our English Language Learners.
* Access materials, tools and resources that strengthen educational practice and professional development.
* Build effective networking connections and partnerships with educators, presenters, and researchers.
Who should attend?
Educators (Content and ESL teachers), Guidance Counselors, Title III Program Managers, Intermediate Unit ESL Directors, Superintendents, Administrators, Pupil Personnel, School Board Members, Higher Education Researchers, Faculty and Administrators
State Legislators, Local Government Officials and Policymakers, Workforce Development Administrators and Providers
ESL Parents and ESL Students, Community-Based Service Providers, Advocates and Faith-Based Leaders, Employers and the Media
Where do I find conference information?
To learn more about this exciting conference please visit the Center for Schools and Communities ESL Web Portal at http://www.eslportalpa.info or contact the Center for Schools and Communities at 717-763-1661.
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- Telling Your Health Story, Health Writing Seminar – Nov 13-14
- Women’s Leadership Forums – Nov 4
- CARES Symposium: A Conversation Between Rev. Kaji Douša and R. Stanton Jones – Nov 2
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.