Overnight & Weekend Site Supervisor, Women Against Abuse
Posted by on January 21, 2013
Women Against Abuse, Inc (WAA) is currently recruiting for a Overnight & Weekend Site Supervisor
WAA is the leading and largest provider of services to victims of domestic violence in both the City of Philadelphia and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. The mission of WAA is to provide is quality, compassionate and nonjudgmental services in a manner that fosters self-respect and independence in persons experiencing intimate partner violence and to lead the struggle to end domestic violence through advocacy and community education. With a little under 100 staff, WAA serves more than 15,000 individuals each year through emergency housing (100 bed shelter and 12 transitional housing apartments), legal services, hotline counseling, education/training and advocacy.
WAA’s Core Values are Safety, Empowerment, Strength, Hope, Respect, and Integrity and we are committed to a work environment built on honesty, transparency, teamwork, accountability, and a high level of professionalism.
Overnight & Weekend Site Supervisor
Summary of Principle Duties:
Coordinates, supervises and oversees services provided by evening and weekend residential staff at the emergency shelter according to the mission and vision of the Agency. The Site Supervisor will directly supervise the Residential Advisors. They will also provide oversight of the residential and shelter operations staff in the evenings, weekends or overnight, and in the absence of shelter management, (Security and CIC) in conjunction with their respective managers. The Overnight Residential Site Supervisor will work closely with the Director of Shelter Services along with other managers and programs of WAA to ensure the provision of quality support and services to our clients. All responsibilities are implemented according to our mission and vision and according to Agency standards.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in a social services or related field.
• A minimum of two (2) years supervisory experience preferred.
• At least (1) year experience in shelter or residential experience required.
• Demonstrated effectiveness in crisis intervention is required.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse population is required.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a team member is required.
• Demonstrated commitment to service of others is required.
• Demonstrated proficiency in communication, both verbal and written required.
• Supervisory experience in a residential or shelter setting, preferred.
• Bilingualism is strongly preferred.
• Completion of the 40-hour Domestic Training Class is required (pre or post hire).
• Satisfactory criminal record, FBI and child abuse clearances and a TB Test required pre hire (all expenses paid by WAA).
Schedule: Sunday 1 p -9 p; Monday & Tuesday 8 p-4 a: Wednesday & Thursday 1 p- 9 p (off Fri & Sat)
Salary: commensurate with experience
Location: Philadelphia, PA
For consideration, please send your cover letter indicating the position preference, resume, and salary requirements to: Human Resources, email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and we support diversity in our workplace. We encourage diverse candidates to apply.
- Executive Director, Big Picture Philadelphia – Dec 7
- Stoneleigh Emerging Leader Fellowship Opportunities
- Assistant Professor of Ethnic Studies and Director of Academic Innovation, Albion College, The Phila. Center
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.