Outreach and Engagement Assistant, Philadelphia Futures
Posted by Philadelphia Futures on September 22, 2020
Philadelphia Futures’ mission is to support low-income, first-generation-to-college students with the tools, resources, and opportunities necessary for admission to and success in college. Our vision is a city where students have what they need to succeed in college and thrive in life.
We are currently seeking an Outreach and Engagement Assistant. This position will provide administrative and logistical support to the Outreach and Engagement department, including the student recruitment process, our community engagement efforts, our volunteer management, and our communications work including the development and distribution of our Step Up to College Guide resources.
Key Responsibilities for this position include:
- Provide effective scheduling and calendar support for Outreach and Engagement activities
- Coordinate and provide comprehensive administrative support for Outreach programming including material preparation, setup assistance, and recording minutes if necessary
- Manage communication with students and families including timely response to application inquiries, advertisement for events, and notification about relevant college access opportunities
- Support the online application process including initial review, eligibility determination, follow-up on incompletes, and documentation of admissions decisions. Run reports on application volume and status. Create and maintain process flow documentation
- Facilitate transition of admitted students into Office of College Access programming including inputting accepted student information into Philadelphia Futures data management system
- Build and maintain contacts with School District officials and community stakeholders
- Serve as the post-production project manager for the Step Up to College Guide
- Lead the distribution process for the Guide to schools, community organizations, partners, and key stakeholders
- Maintain accurate, updated records of Outreach and Engagement contacts in our client relation management system
Learn more and apply: https://philadelphiafutures.org/employment/outreach-and-engagement-assistant/
- Associate Dean – Equity and Access, Admissions, University of Pennsylvania
- Staff Attorney Position, Public Interest Law Center
- Operations Coordinator, Green Woods Charter School
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.