Outreach and Engagement Administrator, Philadelphia Futures
Philadelphia Futures is a nonprofit organization that provides Philadelphia’s low-income, first-generation-to-college students with the tools, resources and opportunities necessary for admission to and success in college. We transform lives by breaking down the barriers that have historically excluded low-income, first-generation-to-college students from achieving college success. The students Philadelphia Futures serves are provided with a comprehensive, time-tested array of programs designed to reduce the institutional, academic, social and financial barriers to college success.
We are currently seeking Outreach and Engagement Administrator. The Outreach and Engagement Administrator supports the recruitment and admission process – from inquiry to enrollment – for prospective Sponsor-A-Scholar and College Connection students. The Administrator also serves as the project lead for our award-winning Step Up to College Guide and SUTC Summer Supplement, as well as the support person for our outreach and engagement initiatives. As the first point of contact for Philadelphia Futures for applicants, their families, and other key community partners, the Outreach and Engagement Administrator serves a key role at Philadelphia Futures.
Key Responsibilities for this position include:
Admissions / Recruitment:
• Receive, read, and respond to admissions related inquiries
• Coordinate logistics of Admissions programming – including family interview days and recruitment visits
• Track the progress of application materials, following up with families for missing documents
• Manage Admissions operations – completing applications, tracking decisions, and sending out all decision materials
• Input applicant information into Philadelphia Futures data management system
• Create and report statistical information about admissions and recruitment to key stakeholders
• Serve as a member of the Admission Committee and provide administrative support during committee review
• Interview prospective families
• Build and maintain contacts with School District officials and other stakeholders
• Lead recruitment sessions at local middle and high schools
• Serve as the post-production project manager for the Step Up to College Guide. The Guide is a comprehensive college readiness resource that goes out to more than 40,000 students and educators annually
• Lead the distribution process for the Guide to schools, community organizations, partners, and key stakeholders
• Provide support for Step Up to College and Philadelphia Futures social media accounts
• Manage schedule of Outreach workshop and training requests
The successful candidate for this position will possess the following experience, education, skills and attributes:
• One to two years working in admissions (at the college or independent school level). Other related experience in higher education will be considered.
• Bachelors degree required
• Superior attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects at one time
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Customer service orientation and ability to maintain confidentiality
• Project management experience
• Demonstrated ability to develop and foster relationships with external stakeholders
• Skilled and experienced in database management and communications using Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Constant Contact, and Survey Monkey
• Commitment to Philadelphia Futures’ Core Values (High Expectations, Focus and Adaptability, Respect, Accountability, Collaboration).
• Passion for working with low-income, first-generation to college students
This is a full-time, exempt position and offers a competitive compensation/benefits package based on experience. The Outreach and Engagement Administrator reports to the Director of Outreach and Engagement. Occasional evening and weekend hours required.
To Apply: To apply, please submit your application materials
For more information on Philadelphia Futures, visit our website: http://www.philadelphiafutures.org
Philadelphia Futures is deeply committed to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusiveness. Philadelphia Futures is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Minorities, women, and individuals with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Update: June 2018 Outreach and Engagement Administrator posting
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.