Oxford Circle Christian Community Development Association
Out of School Time Group Leader, Oxford Circle Community Development Association
21st Century Community Learning Center: Out of School Time Group Leader
Based in the Oxford Circle neighborhood of Philadelphia, PA, the Oxford Circle Christian Community Development Association (OCCCDA) is seeking a Group Leader. The mission of OCCCDA is “to extend healing and hope in the Oxford Circle community, believing that God’s purpose of reconciling all people to Jesus leads us to minister on spiritual, physical, social & economic levels.” The Group Leader is responsible for assisting with daily out of school programming during program hours: Monday-Friday from 2:30:00-6:00pm with possibility of working during summer camp, 8:30 am to 3:00 pm. Rate is $12/hour.
Time commitment: Approximately 17.5 hours per week
- Help maintain a safe, clean and quality program
- Supervise daily activities of children specifically in regards to assigned group
- Establish positive relationships with all staff, program participants and their families
- Be a positive and compassionate role model
- Attend required training, weekly staff meetings and supervision
- Follow instructions and daily schedule provided by Program Coordinator
- Assist children with homework, instruction, activities and other assigned learning activities
- Use positive behavior reinforcement
- Follow discipline and structure for program
- Assist in planning and implementing final program highlighting youth accomplishments
- A commitment to the Oxford Circle community and to the holistic vision of OCCCDA.
- The ability to engage students in grades K-5 through creative activities and homework
- Teachable and a willingness to learn and be flexible
- Minimum of 1 year experience working with children and youth preferably in afterschool setting, however an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered. Former Group leaders, Parents/caregivers of children, school climate staff, Group leaders and substitute teachers encouraged to apply
- All staff must complete the Criminal Record Check and the Pennsylvania Child Abuse Record Check.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume via e-mail to:
Subject: Group Leader
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.