Oxford Circle Christian Community Development Association
Out of School Time Assistant Program Coordinator, OCCCDA
DESCRIPTION: Based in the Oxford Circle neighborhood of Philadelphia, PA, the Oxford Circle Christian Community Development Association (OCCCDA) is seeking a 21st CCLC Out of School Time Assistant Program Coordinator. The mission of OCCCDA is “to extend healing and hope in the Oxford Circle community, believing that God’s purpose of reconciling all people to Jesus leads us to minister on spiritual, physical, social & economic levels.” Reporting to the Lead Program Coordinator, the 21st CCLC Out of School Time Assistant Coordinator is responsible for the daily administration of the program creating and implementing the daily activities of the out of school program for students in grades K-5 (School year, Mondays – Fridays from 3:00-6:00pm; Summer 9:00 am to 3:00 pm Mondays-Thursdays) including some classroom instruction and supervision of staff/volunteers. Position is 25 hours/wk for afterschool and 30 hours/wk for summer camp (7 weeks). Pay is $17.50/hour plus $150 in monthly benefits.
1. Responsible for working closely with independent evaluator to collect data from program, staff, parents, and schools as necessary, in response to feedback and grant mandates. Ensure that accurate and current documentation is collected and maintained, and site-based reporting is completed in a timely manner for funding and evaluation.
2. Work with Program Coordinator to ensure that all policies and procedures are working efficiently in line with best practices and in compliance with grant mandates when needed.
3. Responsible for ensuring that program is complaint with all grant mandates including intake forms/registration packet
4. Responsible for assisting with reminding & tracking Parent Volunteers. This includes contacting parents daily to remind them it’s their day to volunteer and entering volunteer hours into excel tracking sheet on a monthly basis.
5. Be thoroughly familiar with our blended learning math and literacy online platforms. Work with Program Coordinator in providing group leaders, teachers with ongoing support with technology related issues and setup. This includes reviewing student data on ongoing basis, providing ongoing student reports, feedback to Program Director, Program Coordinator and Program Evaluator.
6. Provide classroom management, instruction and assisting in any capacity as determined by Program Coordinator
7. Work with Program Coordinator to adapt program as needed, in response to feedback, program goals and grant mandates.
8. Work with Program Coordinator to hire, and train staff/volunteers. 9. Work with Program Coordinator to fulfill material and supply needs of the program
▪ A commitment to the Oxford Circle community and the holistic vision of the OCCCDA.
▪ Very detail oriented with excellent verbal, written and multi-tasking skills.
▪ Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with a diverse group of people, including staff, parents, schools and community partners.
▪ Available to work a flexible schedule that includes evenings.
▪ Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
▪ Ability to implement and supervise a positive learning environment, incorporating academics, physical fitness, fine arts, and cultural enrichment
▪ Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field and five years’ experience with children and youth. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered particularly classroom management and instruction experience.
▪ Provide current clearances (child abuse and criminal) upon employment and obtain a CPR and First Aid Certification within 3 months of employment.
HOW TO APPLY: Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume via e-mail to:
Att: Program Director
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.