OST Group Leader, Catholic Social Services
Posted by Catholic Social Services on September 22, 2014
TITLE: OST Group Leader
TITLE OF SUPERVISOR: OST Assistant Director & Program Director
ORGANIZATIONAL UNIT: Catholic Social Services Community Based Services Division—
Saint Thomas Aquinas @ 1719 Morris Street
Catholic Social Services oversees 11 out-of-school-time (OST) programs in Philadelphia that provide children, youth and families with educational, social emotional and enrichment activities after school. Currently we are hiring Group Leaders for the St. Thomas Aquinas school (K-8) OST program in South Philadelphia. We are seeking innovative and motivated individuals who can lead program curriculum using the STEAM model. If you have a background in technology, fine art, science, math or engineering and love working with children and youth, please contact us!
Group Leader will implement and lead all daily OST / 21st CCLC program activities in the after-school and summer programs for assigned age group. This includes supervising, mentoring and engaging school age youth in all programmatic activities. Also responsible for the preparation and distribution of snacks/meals to students and facilitating clean-up duties. Responsible for planning, developing and implementing creative recreational, social, educational, and cultural group activities and is also responsible for implementing specific Project Based Learning (PBL) and 21st CCLC activities daily.
Directly from the OST Assistant Director & Program Director
May, at the discretion of the Assistant Director / Full Time (FT) Group Supervisor, supervise consultants / specialists, youth workers and volunteers
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Leads and engages ALL assigned youth in daily recreational, social and educational activities.
2. Assist the OST Assistant Director & Director with the recruitment and registration process of children and youth.
3. Ensures that the assigned group meets ratio standards.
4. Assists children with the daily sign in / sign out procedure.
5. Prepares and distributes snacks/meals to students daily.
6. Provides individualized and group tutoring during the “Help with Homework” portion of after-school program.
7. Responsible for working with the OST Assistant Director and OST Director to create and implement Project Based Learning (PBL) and 21st CCLC activities and ensures that those activities fall in line with the PA Common Core Standards.
8. Works with the OST Assistant Director and OST Director to generate program schedules and activities.
9. Works with the OST Assistant Director and OST Director to ensure the program has proper materials and resources to conduct daily programming.
10. Arrives to work on time, motivated and enthusiastic to work with assigned children.
11. Accompanies and supervises children/youth on field trips.
12. Agreement to participate and be made available for 15-20 hours of professional development every year during employment from 2:30-6pm.
13. Develop positive relationships with children, parents, colleagues, supervisors, administrators and, when applicable, the school day teachers of students in assigned group.
14. Participate in staff meetings as established by OST Director or OST Assistant Director.
15. Performs other duties and tasks as assigned by the OST Assistant Director or OST Director.
• Knowledge of and orientation to agency mission and philosophy.
• Requires a minimum AA or BS in, preferably in Early Childhood Education or Elementary Education with at least 30 credit hours in Early Childhood Education.
• At least 2 years experience working with children.
• MUST have updated (within the year) FBI, Child Abuse and Criminal Background Check
• Ability to develop and implement creative, age appropriate curriculum.
• Must be motivated to learn and grow in an educational environment; and be willing to continually increase knowledge in the field of Early Childhood and Adolescent Education.
• Ability to relate well to children, OST staff, teachers and parents.
• Demonstrated ability to serve as a positive role model
• Enthusiastic and passionate about working with children!!!
• AA or BS in ECE or EE – $12.25 – $14.00 (negotiable)
For more information and to apply, contact:
OST Program Director @ St. Thomas Aquinas
Catholic Social Services
- Community Partnerships in the Arts Teaching Artist, Fleisher
- Teacher Residency Program, School District of Phila. – Feb 3, Mar 4
- Office Manager/Bookkeeper, Coalition against Hunger
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.