Organizer, Shalom Center
Posted by on July 7, 2006
The Shalom Center is seeking a new staff person, to begin work in October.
The job involves some office management, some use of the Internet and Web, and some events organizing. Sometimes the shift from one function or task to another comes swiftly; so flexibility is useful.
The job will be in Philadelphia, in the Mt. Airy neighborhood. Living close by is a plus; so is having a car.
The absolutely perfect person would have all the skills below; we will welcome meeting the not-quite-absolutely-perfect person who has many of them. Depending on skills, the job might range from 3/5 to 5/5 time.
* Passion for peace, social justice, and healing of the earth
* Familiarity with Jewish culture and/or religion
* Familiarity with interfaith work
* Experience in event organizing
* General office organizing skills
* Computer skills:
* Familiarity with Apple computers
* Bookkeeping (Quicken)
* Managing databases: donations, address updates, etc.
* Bulk-E-Mail (Groundspring, etc.)
* Posting to Websites (Drupal and Mambo)
* Use of graphics for brochures, flyers, websites, e-mail blasts
(future: Adobe Creative Suite)
If you are interested, please send your resume by Email to both —
Please write AS SOON AS YOU CAN. Application deadline is August 1, interviews in late August or early September, one week training in September.
- Executive Director, Big Picture Philadelphia – Dec 7
- Stoneleigh Emerging Leader Fellowship Opportunities
- Assistant Professor of Ethnic Studies and Director of Academic Innovation, Albion College, The Phila. Center
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.