Opportunity Youth Relief Fund
Posted by Philadelphia Youth Network on August 11, 2020
The Philadelphia Youth Network (PYN) is excited to partner with The Hive to launch a special fund to address the immediate and pressing needs of Philadelphia’s opportunity youth and alleviate the additional stresses that have developed as a result of current events. This flexible fund will support a variety of needs including assistance for food, transportation, housing, technology equipment, and mobile/wireless connectivity, with a focus on ensuring young people can connect to and remain on education and employment pathways. Applicants will be eligible for a one-time assistance payment of up to $250. Funding will be distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis until the resources are depleted.
Interested youth must complete an application here using the referral code OY2020: https://relief.workready.org/security/relief/login.
All applicants must:
- Reside in Philadelphia
- Be between the ages of 16-24
- Have been disconnected from school and/or work
- Participate in a citywide education or employment program (such as JEVS Human Services, Congreso de Latinos, YouthBuild, District 1199c, Opportunity Network schools, etc.). Eligibility is up to a year after exit from the program.
More in "Grant Opportunities"
- Quadratec Invites Applications for ‘Energize the Environment’ Grant Program – Oct 30
- Mitsubishi Electric America Foundation Invites Proposals for Youth With Disabilities – Oct 15
- Borealis Philanthropy Spark Justice Fund Invites Proposals for COVID-Related Needs – Oct 21
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.