Opportunity and Empowerment Award for urban planners
Posted by on August 05, 2013
Call for Nominations! 2014 HUD Secretary’s Opportunity and Empowerment Award
The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and the American Planning Association (APA) are pleased to announce the 17th annual HUD Secretary’s Opportunity and Empowerment Award. Part of APA’s 2014 National Planning Awards, the award recognizes excellence in planning that has led to increased employment, education, and/or housing choice for low- and moderate-income residents, with an emphasis on results, innovation, and transferability.
Nominations will be accepted until August 30, 2013 through online submission at the APA website.
The award recipient will be honored at the 2014 National Planning Awards luncheon ceremony as part of the National Planning Conference in Atlanta held in April. The recipient will be:
- Highlighted in a multimedia presentation at the luncheon;
- Featured in Planning magazine; and
- Presented in HUD USER’s Best Practices series.
Don’t miss the opportunity to share your achievement in planning excellence!
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Webinar: How Social Sector Organizations Can Design Human Connections in the Digital Age – Mar 24
- Webinar on Emerging Adults: A Different Approach: How Do We Get There? – Apr 8
- City of Philadelphia: Call for Neighborhood Activists – Mar 19
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.