Operations Manager, Girls Inc.
Posted by Girls Inc. on January 5, 2021
Girls Inc. inspires all girls to be strong, smart, and bold. Our comprehensive approach to whole girl development equips girls to navigate gender, economic, and social barriers and grow up healthy, educated, and independent. Girls Inc. responds to the changing needs of girls through research-based programs and public education efforts that empower girls to understand, value, and assert their rights.
The Girls Inc. national network serves over 160,000 girls through 83 affiliates. Girls Inc. of Greater Philadelphia & Southern New Jersey (GIGPHSNJ) is the local affiliate serving 3,000 girls in the Greater Philadelphia region.
Position Summary: The Operations Manager position is a full-time role reporting to the Executive Director. This person will play a critical role in managing the day-to-day effectiveness of GIGPHSNJ. S/he will play a collaborative role in developing and implementing systems that increase the effectiveness and efficiency of our work and supporting our ability to grow and expand impact. This is an outstanding opportunity for a motivated and detail-oriented individual who wants to make a substantial impact while gaining a broad set of experiences relevant to nonprofit leadership.
Administrative and Infrastructure:
- Coordinates day-to-day finance operations, managing receipts and expense files. Produces detailed monthly reports on donors as requested by ED and our outsourced accounting firm; oversees administration of program staff invoices and summer camp receivables.
- Manages Girls Inc. Quality Assurance reviews and annual survey.
- Ensures that all insurance policies are up to date, at appropriate levels and certificates of insurance are created for partner sites as required.
- Supports annual audit through data gathering.
- Maintains filings to ensure compliance with federal and state requirements.
- Contributes to the development and integration of new processes as appropriate.
- Across all areas of work, contributes to annual operations calendars and manuals.
- Provides support with donor and data management systems if necessary and as determined by ED including data entry, reporting and list outputs, insuring accuracy of all data.
- Provides administrative and logistical support to ED, board and other staff as appropriate, including scheduling, travel arrangements, etc.
- Responsible for updating and overseeing all safety and security procedures.
- Participates in special projects and additional tasks as requested.
- Delaware River Watershed Fellowship 2021 – Apr 2
- Director of Community Engagement, Research for Action
- Executive Director, Community Options
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.