Philadelphia Children's Alliance
Operations Director, Philadelphia Children’s Alliance
As a reflection of our current needs and planned growth, we are very pleased to offer an outstanding new opportunity to join our organization as Operations Director!
Reporting to the Executive Director, this position supports PCA’s Strategic Planning and Quality Improvement Initiatives, and execution/oversight of the following functions: Facilities, Human Resources, Information Technology, Vendors and Purchasing. It is responsible for developing and delivering an operations strategy that supports the most efficient environment and empowers management and their teams to work with the highest effectiveness. As a key member of the leadership team, this role will interact with all levels of the organization and manages a team of professionals accountable for operations and related needs.
Key Responsibilities include the following:
Strategic Planning and Quality Improvement
- Support the development of periodic strategic plans in partnership with the Board and Leadership staff
- Track, analyze, report and communicate on all strategic plan deliverables to Executive Director, Staff and Board on a regular basis
- Integrate quality improvement initiatives
- Oversee all aspects of the facility including day-to-day management of facilities related activities and problems
- Liaise with property landlord and other appropriate personnel to address facility issues and to guarantee the safety and security of all employees and clients
- Develop, implement and monitor Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery plans
- Oversee all HR activities, seeking guidance and support from external HR consulting organization as needed
- Manage and update all employee policies in accordance with legal requirements
- Identify ongoing employee engagement issues (i.e., turnover, morale, etc.) and proactively create plans to address identified needs
- Oversee and manage all IT activity; hardware, software, inventory, work of external consulting firm, desktop support services and Client and Donor databases
- Identify and fulfill ongoing technology needs to ensure growth in IT capacity; including exploring paperless system and cloud-based storage
- Manage iRecord forensic interview recording equipment
Government Grants and Contracts
- Manage all government contracts and grant reporting, in coordination with other departments
Vendors and Purchasing
- Manage all vendor relationships to include contract negotiations/re-negotiations
- Assess ongoing effectiveness of current vendors; provide analysis and recommendations on changes
- Oversee all purchasing and client transportation services
- Strong problem-solving and leadership skills with an excellent ability to balance and execute both strategic and tactical activities with minimal guidance
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience developing and managing a strategic planning process
- Knowledge of Human Resources processes and activities
- Facilities management and vendor relationship
- IT and database experience
- Strong financial acumen and risk management experience
- Direct experience managing people
- Bachelor’s degree required, Masters preferred.
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience in operations management, with exposure to and/or strong understanding of non-profit operations.
Learn more and apply: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/1168458586
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.