City of Philadelphia
Operations Director, Department of Human Services, City of Philadelphia
This is a senior level management position reporting directly to the Deputy Commissioner for Child Welfare Operations (CWO) Division. The Operations Director position will provide leadership and management of the daily operation of Ongoing Services, Adoption and Permanency Services, Court Support Services, and Center for Well-Being.
The position will be responsible for planning, organizing, directing multiple levels of subordinate staff in the provision of continuous, protective and/or centralized social services for children and youth as mandated by state and local regulations to ensure safety, permanency, and well-being of all children and youth in DHS care. The position will be responsible for the development of strategic plans to increase efficiency and effectiveness of services to children and families. Duties and responsibilities will include, but not limited to formulating policies, managing daily operations, and implementing programmatic initiatives.
- Plans and directs, through subordinate management staff, the work activities of the assigned responsibility areas within CWO Division.
- Establishes short- and long-term goals and objectives and defines responsibility areas for subordinate managers.
- Assess process improvement opportunities to increase staff efficiency and effectiveness and management of division functions.
- Reviews policy, budgetary, and day to day operational matters affecting the assigned responsibility areas with CWO Division programs and recommends best practices.
- Develop policies and implement plans to support the goals and priorities of the CWO Division.
- Work closely with other senior management staff within DHS to address issues impacting the assigned responsibility programs.
- Work collaboratively with Community Umbrella Agency (CUA) partners, community based providers, and other stakeholders to improve the outcomes of children, youth, and families.
- Establish and maintain collaborative and effective working relationships with direct reports, peers, supervisor, and departmental leaders.
- Represent Deputy Commissioner at meetings and/or work group committee meetings related to the CWO Division.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned by the Deputy Commissioner.
Learn more and apply: https://www.smartrecruiters.com/CityofPhiladelphia/743999699618152-operations-director
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.