Posted by VietLead on December 17, 2019
VietLead seeks a highly motivated, enthusiastic and responsible individual for our Operations Coordinator to support the logistical, human resources and fiscal needs of our growing organization.
This team-member will report to the Executive Director, and will support all Project Directors and their team members in completing their program and campaign goals. The Operations Coordinator will ensure that all staffers have the resources and materials they need to do their jobs effectively. The Operations coordinator will support the Executive Director and Project Directors in their financial oversight, supporting and reviewing financial reports, invoicing, and managing vendor relationships. As part of the support staff, they are responsible for keeping an organized system within VietLead for paperwork and files. Maintain physical space and internal calendar of VietLead. Additionally, the Coordinator also provides material support for VietLead’s programs and facilitates various staff meetings. They will also play a role in recruiting, interviewing, hiring and training processes of interns and volunteers, as well as the disciplinary and termination processes.
Our organization is in a growing stage, so we will also be working with the operations coordinator to create and implement organizational protocol and procedures as needed within programs, between programs, and as an organization as a whole to ensure efficiency, efficacy, and sustainability.
This position will be based out of our Philadelphia and Camden offices and will be expected to travel between offices to support the needs of program and project staff. We hope to hire the team member starting Winter 2019.
Responsibilities for Operations Coordinator
- Develop and maintain VietLead’s physical and digital archiving system. (Personnel Files, Payroll)
- Manage VietLead’s Donor List (PayPal)
- Coordinate Donor List with Thank You Cards
- Oversee daily operations of the office (both in Camden & Philadelphia)
- Schedule and coordinate vendors
- Support the Executive Director in keeping an organized ledger of expenses
- Manage all invoices within organization, track budgets
- Remain on budget by always seeking the best prices for supplies and services
- Foster good working relationships with vendors and service providers
- Ensure all office equipment is functioning properly
- Office management support to both offices, including contacting maintenance and ensure needed repairs are complete
- Maintain VietLead’s master calendar of schedules and vacations
- Answer phones, general emails, and conduct basic clerical work
- Organize a schedule to support project staff in collective responsibilities to keep conference rooms clean, neat, and well-stocked
- Coordinate and facilitate weekly regular staff and support staff meetings
- Participate in VietLead’s development retreats (Program, Trainings, Overnight)
- Support organizational activities, campaigns, and/or projects as needed
- Recruit, interview, and place volunteers and interns within each program to increase capacity of organization
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Able to speak Vietnamese is preferred
- PC computer literacy, proficient in Word, Excel, and internet usage
- Literate in social media platforms
- Literate in web and databases (wordpress, Salesforce, ActBlue) a plus
- Proficient in technology and general office equipment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision
- Valid driver’s license required
Compensation: Part-time, based on experience. With potential for full-time.
Interested? Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- City Homeless Office Offers Youth Internship
- Learning Pod and Resource Center: Educators Needed
- Virtual Instructional Coaching for High School Science Department
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.