Operations Coordinator, Green Woods Charter School
Posted by Green Woods Charter School on September 22, 2020
Green Woods Charter School mission is to nurture our students as knowledgeable and conscientious investigators by fostering a keen understanding of the interdependence of and our impact on our local and global existence, creating active young stewards of the natural world. GWCS serves children primarily in the Roxborough catchment area of Philadelphia.
The Operations Coordinator will be responsible for supporting school compliance, student information systems management and special projects for non-academic areas. The Operations Coordinator will work with the Director, Finance & Operations, and the school leadership team to ensure the school is run in a manner that supports students and staff. The Operations Coordinator reports to the Director, Finance & Operations and works closely with the main office staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Compliance Management & Student Information Systems
The Operations Coordinator will have responsibility over the below systems and compliance management.
- Support the Director, Finance/Operations by keeping current, on a weekly basis, a Dashboard of key department activities, including a monthly operations calendar
- Manage the school’s student information system, Powerschool, from the start of the year opening to end of year closing, including, but not limited: Class scheduling, Student and teacher rostering, Report cards, Customization and upkeep to ensure accurate student data is present, can be effectively gathered and reported
- On a weekly basis, cross reference and update Infinite Campus to ensure enrollment numbers match the student count in Powerschool
- Keep current and respond to all transportation requests through Compass, ensuring all bus routes are current and family concerns are addressed
- Support the Director of Finance/Operations, ensure compliance deliverables are submitted accurately/on time through Epi Center and any other authorizer platform
From time to time and in response to changes that may or may not be within the school’s control, the Operations Coordinator will support a variety of ongoing and special projects in support of the Director, Finance & Operations. This includes, but not limited to:
- Keep and maintain project plans/deadlines and important documents for key activities in the areas of facilities, transportation, lunch program, enrollment, health room and business office
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- Commitment to GWSC mission and belief that all students can learn
- Ability to relate to a diverse population of students and parents a must
- Advanced proficiency in computer skills specifically, Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and ability to learn new programs/software quickly
- Proven experience multitasking, organizing and prioritizing work
- Ability to handle requests and inquiries and respond within a timely manner
- High attention to detail
- Demonstrated professionalism and responsibility, and a strong work ethic
- A positive, high-energy attitude, and a drive for personal excellence
- Flexible attitude, ability to work with urgency
- Strong problem solving and strategic thinking skills
- Willingness and desire to participate in unexpected projects
- Ability to work as member of team
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma required, credits or working towards Associates/Bachelors preferred
- Three to five years administrative experience preferred
- Experience working in a school a plus
Physical Requirements: Ability to physically perform the duties and to work in the environmental conditions required such as:
- Functioning in office space – reaching file cabinets, filing, faxing, scanning, coping, typing, mailing, making phone calls
- Must be able to sit for up to two hours looking at a computer monitor, using a keyboard/mouse and typing
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs on a frequent basis
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
- Chief Marketing Officer, Pennsylvania Horticultural Society (PHS)
- Evaluation Consultant, Equal Measure
- Social Media Assistant
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.