Congreso de Latinos Unidos
Operations and Compliance Manager, Congreso de Latinos Unidos
The Operations and Compliance Manager oversees and supervises the data entry team and supports families and programs with student registration in the Youth Services programs. This position requires systems integration and is the liaison between the data team and program team to meet the needs of both students and their families as well as ensure compliance with department-wide contracts. This position oversees data entry specialists who are primarily responsible for the input, analysis and support of all of the databases within the department. The Operations and Compliance Manager works closely with Director of Youth Services to develop effective systems and framework to support programs in all stages of student registration, including recruitment, enrollment, registration, and retention at a program level. Additionally, their role is to ensure a positive, clear experience for the clients and families in the enrollment and registration process. The position is also responsible for maintaining contract compliance for all funder requirements for all contracts within the Youth Services department. This includes supporting effective systems for monitoring contract compliance, ensuring data quality, and preparing for funder audits.
The major functions of this role are:
1) Managerial and Supervisory Duties and Responsibilities
2) Contract Compliance and Performance Management Duties
3) Data Analysis and Quality Assurance Duties
4) Student Registration Management Duties
5) Operational and Logistical Support Duties
- Design and monitor effective enrollment and registration systems for students in the Youth Services program.
- Monitor recruitment and retention strategies of programs to meet department goals and student needs.
- Responsible for overseeing daily entry of client enrollment, dismissal, demographics, TANF status, indicators and program attendance data into various funder and internal data collection systems including: PBPS (DDAP), PCAPS (Public Health Management Corporation), UNIDAD (ETO), DATABASE (PREP) and others as needed for Youth Services Programs.
- Charged with developing reports that reflect the total number served for the week, month, quarter and/or year, we well as updated client records to monitor 30 day markers, hours towards compliance for PHMC and hours toward stipend for program coordinators and Program Director for regular review.
- Charged with updating all the data systems on an ongoing basis and reconciling in order to reflect accurate data at all times.
- Develops and/or updates forms to collect baseline client data and information from all programs and works to create effective systems for collaboration.
- Provides technical assistance support to program site coordinators so that client data and information is collected more efficiently and effectively.
- Maintains and audits program data records (student files, attendance binders, etc.) according to program guidelines.
- Supervises Data Entry Team and works in conjunction with Division Manager and Operations Coordinator to ensure that Department-wide compliance and performance management are streamlined across the EWS Division.
- Participate actively in the EWS Leadership Team as well as attend and participate in Congreso supervisor forums and relevant division and team meetings.
- Maintain contract compliance on a programmatic level to ensure outcomes are reached and all obligations to funders are met.
- Student compliance
- Ensure reports are completed
- Support with site visits
- Maintain files and paperwork to ensure department is prepared for audits
- Communication with funders as needed
- Collecting surveys from OST staff
- Provide a special focus on high-compliance grants to ensure outcomes are met
- Support with operations management of the CYS department to create efficient systems of operation.
- Build systems for compliance for new contracts and update systems for current contracts
- Regularly communicate with the Director, Managers and Coordinators to ensure all staff understand and achieve all compliance components.
- Communicate regularly with the Data and Evaluation team to improve data quality and ensure info entered is in compliance with contracts and that the department is tracking relevant information.
- Attends trainings and professional development opportunities.
- Work with the Director of CYS and VP of EWS to build program quality strategies and implementations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (Career Pathway: Direct Services)
All Staff Competencies
- Ability to think strategically around systems and collaboration.
- Ability to supervise and support team of 3 data entry staff.
- Basic understanding of Congreso’s mission, vision, values, programs and services, and business plan.
- Knowledge and understanding of the targeted community needs and demographics.
- Understanding of legal criteria for issues such as confidentiality, domestic abuse, child abuse, and mandated reporter requirements.
- Ability to provide nonviolent intervention with a high level of ethical standards of conduct, cultural sensitivity and within appropriate boundaries and limits.
- Ability to effectively use standard office equipment.
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills as demonstrated by compassionate, courteous, cordial, cooperative, and professional interaction with diverse groups of co-workers, external business partners, and the community.
- Ability to operate a computer and use a variety of common software programs including Microsoft Office, spreadsheets, UNIDAD, and customized databases.
- Adheres to all Congreso and departmental policies and procedures.
- Attends all Congreso in-services as required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and effectively communicate with individuals and groups.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.