Openings at YouthBuild Charter School
Posted by on July 29, 2005
Youthbuild Philadelphia Charter School, located at 1231 N. Broad Street, 3rd Floor, is accepting applications for the next program cycle beginning September 2005, ending June 2006.
The following information applies:
* Male or Female, between 18 and 20 years old
* Interested in getting a high school diploma
* Interested in learning construction
* Interested in building affordable housing
Youthbuild is a 10 month-construction-training program that offers:
o Construction training
o Classroom work toward a high school diploma
o Training in community leadership
o Placement in jobs or continuing education
Participants are on a 7-week rotating schedule. Seven weeks of classroom instruction followed by seven weeks working on a construction site. While working, students received a stipend of $31.00 per day.
Participant must attend full time-Monday thru Friday.
Applications are available at the Youthbuild office at the above address, Monday – Thursday, 9AM to 2PM.
For more information contact Sandell Johnson at (215) 627-8671 ext. 10.
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Webinar: Fighting against Student Voter Suppression – Jul 27
- Virtual Non-Partisan Advocacy Day – Jul 1
- Webinar: Improving African Immigrant Health Through Research and Action – Jun 30
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.