Online Chat: Risk Management in Mentorship Discussion
Posted by on September 12, 2003
Announcing MENTOR/National Mentoring Partnership’s latest online event, Risk Management for Mentoring Programs at <a href="http://www.mentoring.org/community.adp">http://www.mentoring.org/community.adp</a>.
The event is FREE and open to all.
It is impossible to operate a mentoring program without risk; anytime organizations match people together to develop relationships, risks are
inherent. Log on to MENTOR’s online forum to learn what your program can do to minimize risk.
What risk management policies should your program implement to protect mentors and mentees? How can you access low-cost criminal background checks? What is your mentoring program liable for? Should child abuse or harm occur in your program, what should you do?
Join us the week of SEPTEMBER 22-26, 2003 in MENTOR’s Online Community forum as we discuss these questions and more.
* Nuts and Bolts of Risk Management: What’s Involved and What Options Are Available?
* Screening Mentors and Conducting Criminal Background Checks
* Legislation Affecting Criminal Background Checks and MENTOR’s New PilotProgram, SafetyNET
* Liability Issues Affecting Nonprofits: What Policies Should You Have in Place to Protect Your Program?
Joining us will be John Patterson, senior program director, Nonprofit Risk Management Center; Margo Pedroso, director, Federal and State Initiatives, MENTOR/National Mentoring Partnership and other experts.
For more information on the event and the online community or to sign up to participate, visit MENTOR’s Online Community at <a href="http://www.mentoring.org/community.adp">http://www.mentoring.org/community.adp</a>
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Invitation to Apply: Periclean Voter Engagement Fellow – $250 Award – Sep 21
- Webinar: Back to School: Perspectives From the American Public on Postsecondary Education – Aug 12
- Webinar Series: Voices from the States, 2Gen Champions in Action – Aug 11
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.