notice of potential funding from PA/NY Campus Compact
Posted by on April 20, 2009
From PA/NY Campus Compact:
Given the economic downturn, we are working hard to bring funding opportunities to our members and their communities.
I wanted you to be aware that the Pennsylvania/New York Campus Compact Consortium has submitted a proposal to Learn and Serve America to fund subgrants to our member campuses. Our grant in 2006-09 provided over $775,000 to 71 PACC/NYCC campuses and their community partners. We feel that our proposal for 2009-12, Building on Our Strengths, is equally competitive, and wish to alert our members to the RFP process and timetable should the grant be awarded. The proposal includes three subgranting/funding strategies for our members:
1) Individual institution awards for student-led service projects;
2) Sustained/developing regional networks– planning and implementation grants;
3) Pre-selected regional network core partners.
We expect to learn from Learn & Serve by mid-June (maybe earlier) regarding the status of our proposal. Thus, the RFP process will begin next month, with project start dates of September 1, 2009. The following is a tentative timeline for the RFP process:
* May 15 (or earlier) RFP distributed to NY/PA Campus Compact members
* June-July notification of award from Learn & Serve
* July 1 subgrant proposals due
* Sept. 1 project start date
Updates on the status of our application and the RFP announcements will be made through PACC membership emails. Until then, should you have any questions about this grant, feel free to contact me or Kate Dantsin, Learn & Serve Project Manager, PACC/NYCC Consortium, http://www.paccompact.org.
More in "Grant Opportunities"
- Public Policy Research to Advance Racial Equity and Racial Justice – Nov 24
- Survivor Safety and Securing Democratic Futures Fund – Nov 9
- PennSERVE Seeks Organizations to Serve Pennsylvania Communities in the Commonwealth Civilian Coronavirus Corps AmeriCorps Program – Oct 23
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.