Nonprofit Research Volunteers, Idealist.org Language Project
Posted by on September 8, 2006
Action Without Borders/Idealist.org
Nonprofit Research Volunteers
As we prepare to make Idealist.org accessible to more people throughout the world, we will be relying on the diverse language skills of volunteers. Research volunteers will help us research the nonprofit sector in communities where Arabic, Bengali, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, and Ukrainian are spoken. The goal of this project is to gather information about nonprofit support organizations, university programs, socially-responsible businesses, and other resources for each of these languages.
Nonprofit research volunteers will have the opportunity to learn more about the nonprofit sector throughout the world, be part of a multilingual community of volunteers, and help bring a valuable resource to communities where these languages are spoken.
We’re looking for volunteers with these characteristics:
* Advanced reading and writing skills in English and one of these languages: Arabic, Bengali, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, or Ukrainian
* Strong interest and/or experience in the nonprofit sector
* Basic internet research and word processing skills
* Access to the internet
This is an ongoing volunteer opportunity with flexible hours. Volunteers can work online from home.
If you are interested or would like more information, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to pass this message along to any students, staff, or faculty who might be interested!!
More in "Partnerships Classifieds"
- Volunteers Needed for Virtual Education Programs, Puentes de Salud – Sep 10
- Mentor with Building Bridges Mentoring Program
- Volunteer Opportunities with the City of Philadelphia
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.