Nonprofit Organization Fellow/Intern – Stipend Available
Posted by HospitalityTogether on February 11, 2020
Position Description: CollegeTogether’s HospitalityTogether (HT) program is a revolutionary learning ecosystem that combines workforce advancement and an entirely new way to approach higher education. We are seeking a high achieving and ambitious fellow, or intern, to join our small but energetic team and support the development and day-to-day execution of administrative tasks as well as provide academic support to our students.
The HospitalityTogether Fellow will be integral to helping us develop longer term strategy, expand and strengthen programs, and support students in their pursuit of higher education.
The Fellow will:
- Work with program staff to conduct analysis, collect data, and produce research products on workforce development, hospitality industry trends, and growth potential for the HospitalityTogether initiative
- Tutor students either one-on-one or small groups in introductory level online classes (ex: math, English, business)
- Support the leadership with designing processes, data collection systems, and workflows for learner success
- Help organize institutional tools and build processes for the tracking of organizational development, fundraising, and general team productivity
- Contribute to regular strategy and recap meetings with staff
- Be part of a fast moving, outcomes-focused, and dedicated team intent on building a nonprofit that is impactful, thoughtful, and scalable
Commitment and Compensation: 10-15 hours a week at our Center City office. Schedule TBD but must be available within the timeframe of Monday-Friday, 9 am – 4 pm. A weekly stipend will be paid.
- Current college junior or senior in good standing
- Experience tutoring (introductory writing and math)
- Passionate and thinks critically about issues in education
- Reliable, organized and detail-oriented
- Regularly challenges conventional wisdom and is excited to be part of a team defined by high expectations, teamwork, and constant debate and discussion
- Works effectively when given autonomy and ownership over their work
How to Apply: Email a thoughtful cover letter and resume to Hannah Tran, Director of Learning, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the subject line “HospitalityTogether Fellow”
- Staff Attorney Position, Public Interest Law Center
- Operations Coordinator, Green Woods Charter School
- Customer Success Manager – PA (Remote), Aunt Bertha
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.