Philadelphia Board of Education
Nominations open for SDP Parent & Community Advisory Council – Nov. 9
The Parent & Community Advisory Council will provide input and guidance to the Board by communicating the interest and concerns of Philadelphia public school parents/caregivers and community members. Applications are due by 5 PM on November 9, 2018.
The Philadelphia Board of Education (“Board”) invites interested candidates to submit applications for the Parent and Community Advisory Council (“Advisory Council”). The Advisory Council will provide input and guidance to the Board by communicating the interest and concerns of Philadelphia public school parents/caregivers and community members. As a part of the Parent and Community Advisory Council, members are expected to:
– Work together to develop plans that produce real results and encourage engagement among parents/caregivers and community members;
– Develop action steps to increase participation on yearly District-wide surveys;
– Provide feedback by serving as a link between school communities and the Board;
– Act as champions for public education by building relationships, sharing positive news, and acting in the best interest of District and charter schools;
– Produce a yearly report to the Board that summarizes progress on goals and lessons learned; and
– Meet at least twice in the school year with members of the Board.
This is an unpaid position which demands many hours of dedicated service to the young people of the city of Philadelphia as well as the communities that support them. Members of the Advisory Council will serve a full one year term for the duration of the following school year from when they are appointed.
Learn more and apply here: https://www.philasd.org/schoolboard/parent-community-advisory-council/
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.