No-Cost EMT Training
Posted by West Philadelphia Skills Initiative on August 25, 2020
The West Philadelphia Skills Initiative (WPSI) is recruiting across Philadelphia for no-cost EMT training in partnership with Drexel University.
WPSI is pleased to share the news of our partnership with Drexel University to train aspiring Emergency Medical Technicians (EMTs) for the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) exam. Now, more than ever, we need your help to find qualified applicants across Philadelphia!
This unique partnership blends virtual and in-person programming. In addition to the requirements listed below, participants must commit to the following schedule:
WPSI Foundational Classes
- Virtual Group Sessions, 9/21-10/2, Monday-Friday, 9a-12p
- A 15-minute, virtual 1-on-1 each afternoon
- Approximately 2 hours of daily, independent lessons
EMT Training Classes
- In-person Orientation, 10/6, 8a-5o
- Online, 10/7-10/15, Tuesday-Thursday, 8a-5p
- Hybrid Online/In-Person, 10/20-11/12, Tuesday-Thursday, 8a-5p
- In-person, 11/17-11/25 (no class on Thanksgiving), Tuesday-Thursday, 8a-5p
- In-person, 12/1-12/18, Tuesday-Friday, 8a-5p
EMT Skills Testing
- In-person, Saturday, 12/19
WPSI Program Closing Session
- Virtual Session, 12/22, 9a-12p
We will be recruiting goal-oriented, motivated individuals with high-quality people skills across Philadelphia for this program. Interested applicants must be 18 years of age or older, reside within the city of Philadelphia, possess a high school diploma or GED and valid PA driver’s license, be physically strong and agile, and read at an 11th grade level or higher.
The application is available online at our website, www.universitycity.org/jobs. Please reach out to Fontaine A. Gutierrez (Fontaine@universitycity.org) with questions, for more information, or to schedule a time to talk on the phone.
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Partnerships for Transformative Change – Dec 14
- Webinar: Honoring Ways of Knowing for Biocultural Restoration and Resilience in the Face of Climate Change – Jan 14
- Webinar: Building Bridges for Health Equity: Clinical Scholars Leadership Lessons – Dec 15
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.